Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order to delivery in under 2 weeks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Model 3 last Wednesday, and was shocked to get word today from Tesla that I could pick my car up at the Fremont delivery center as early as this coming Tuesday! This was after having originally been given a four week estimate when placing the order. The VIN is 2786.

My Model S and X both took much longer to build (2-3x), so I’m pretty dang impressed by how quickly Tesla appears to be ramping up production!

Hope this turnaround time improvement makes those of you who have yet to get your invitation feel a bit better. Your day will come before you know it!

I just placed my order this week. It just says "In Progress". For my S, I remember seeing various stages of production from my account, like sourcing parts, in production, in paint, etc. Does Model 3 update production status?

I went from being invited to order (and immediately completing the order) on January 4 to picking the car up in Fremont on January 11 (see my posts in the VIN Assignment thread for my brief review of the vehicle after picking it up and driving a bit on the first day).

I just placed my order this week. It just says "In Progress". For my S, I remember seeing various stages of production from my account, like sourcing parts, in production, in paint, etc. Does Model 3 update production status?
Not at this point. There is no custom builds for the 3. They are just making batches of various colors and then matching them up to orders that are placed. Completely different to the S and X. Once the backlog of reservations are filled, then one would assume the production would be more custom builds, but since this is the high volume car, they might continue to just build various version to be "inventory" cars.

Hmmm. We've heard word that Tesla seems to be stockpiling Model 3s, with the speculation that they are attempting to maximize the number of cars delivered that will be eligible for the US $7,500 tax credit/rebate.

Now, if you already own *two* Teslas (wow!), then I believe you have maxed out your eligibility to claim that tax credit/rebate.

If that is so, then there is no reason to keep you twisting in the wind and you are able to go on over and pick up your little beauty.

-- Ardie
Lucky devil.

Hmmm. We've heard word that Tesla seems to be stockpiling Model 3s, with the speculation that they are attempting to maximize the number of cars delivered that will be eligible for the US $7,500 tax credit/rebate.

Now, if you already own *two* Teslas (wow!), then I believe you have maxed out your eligibility to claim that tax credit/rebate.

If that is so, then there is no reason to keep you twisting in the wind and you are able to go on over and pick up your little beauty.

-- Ardie
Lucky devil.
Tesla is nowhere near 200K sold in the US and there's is no limit on how many cars you can claim