Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order to Delivery Time - post yours here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. New to the forum. Curious what your order to delivery times were.

I feel I was a lucky one.

I ordered mine 8/10. No prior reservations or anything. Long range M3, sport wheels, color silver.

Took delivery 8/27. CHarlotte, NC.

17 days.

Apparently exact same model was available in their Birmingham lot.

Post if you've had shorter times. I was happy, but reading some posts about rejected VINs etc Here I was getting discouraged. Although mine had 6 miles on it when I got it.

I bet you ordered a LR RWD car. Yep, that's the current shipping time. And that's very different from the AWD.

With all of the spreadsheets that have order in delivery times, do we really need another location?

I've been waiting on a LR RWD Model 3 for a year. I'm really frustrated with Tesla.

I reserved on September 2017 and placed my order on 6/27 right when it was opened to everyone to configure. Paying cash, no trade-in and I live 15 miles from the Fremont factory.

LR
Silver Metallic
Aero
Black interior
PUP
EAP
FSD

I did not order AWD or Performance. I've been calling Tesla weekly and they said there's nothing holding up my order and I just need to be patient. I can be patient but when people are ordering, without a reservation, right now and they will probably get the car before me it is simply not fair.

I can see why they build in batches but they should really take care of the reservation holders that put down $1000 to fund operations. Huge slap in the face. I know I won't care once I take delivery but it pains me to read these threads.

Reactions: OhioJoe49
I've been waiting on a LR RWD Model 3 for a year. I'm really frustrated with Tesla.

I reserved on September 2017 and placed my order on 6/27 right when it was opened to everyone to configure. Paying cash, no trade-in and I live 15 miles from the Fremont factory.

LR
Silver Metallic
Aero
Black interior
PUP
EAP
FSD

I did not order AWD or Performance. I've been calling Tesla weekly and they said there's nothing holding up my order and I just need to be patient. I can be patient but when people are ordering, without a reservation, right now and they will probably get the car before me it is simply not fair.

I can see why they build in batches but they should really take care of the reservation holders that put down $1000 to fund operations. Huge slap in the face. I know I won't care once I take delivery but it pains me to read these threads.

There are tons of factors impacting. Stay patient. I’ll tell you what has probably delayed your vehicle is the silver and the FSD.

At this point Tesla is producing mostly AWD to meet the ramp of those orders. While they may have a silver in stock they probably didn’t preload software for FSD on the batched RWD models built.

They probably find it too much trouble to go back install software, test, whatever they need to do. When they can easily ship it to someone who ordered the exact model without any rework required. I imagine Tesla is trying to make as much money possible on every built car. Reworking now to add a feature leads to more man hours spent on the vehicle.

I say silver because it seems the least popular color so they didn’t batch as many as maybe the red, msm, blue

They probably find it too much trouble to go back install software, test, whatever they need to do.
EAP and FSD are just software changes... anyone who adds that should be able to do that before our after their car is delivered without hardware issues. In fact, if you already have AWD, I think the Performance option is just software too. If you added any of those, you might move yourself up in the queue (more margin.) In the case of color, I think that's their bottleneck ... Silver seems to be a unpopular color so production of those batches may be less frequent.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife