Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order to Delivery Timeline August 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the text yesterday stating vehicle is in transit and to schedule delivery Portland, OR. Ordered 8/4, LR, 5 seat - white , Midnight Silver, 20" optioned wheels. Picked Sept 11 for delivery. VIN only visible once I made final payment today. Also then received call this morning confirming delivery schedule but also confirmed that vehicle is still in transit. Hopefully it doesn't slip as I'm scheduled to depart Thursday on 2700 mile trip.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Ordered on Aug 9. No VIN yet. Sales rep has stopped responding to emails. Sent one asking for update at end of 3rd week. Nothing. Waited one week and sent another at the end of 4th week. Nada. Dropped by the Tesla showroom on the way back from work yesterday, and caught him red handed.

With a wide grin that would put toothpaste models to shame, he said he was 'about to email me'. He showed me something in his computer that shows my Reservation Number matched against a vehicle that they are going to build, which is scheduled to be completed on Sept 17 and delivered to me (right here in the Bay Area) on Sept 19. I like this guy. At least he has shame!

Still no VIN. Keeping fingers crossed.

• Funny
I received the text yesterday stating vehicle is in transit and to schedule delivery Portland, OR. Ordered 8/4, LR, 5 seat - white , Midnight Silver, 20" optioned wheels. Picked Sept 11 for delivery. VIN only visible once I made final payment today. Also then received call this morning confirming delivery schedule but also confirmed that vehicle is still in transit. Hopefully it doesn't slip as I'm scheduled to depart Thursday on 2700 mile trip.

How did it go?
I bet it was awesome.

Did you get your X?

Haa! Just got on to post a pic! Very comfy ride compared to my Model 3 performance. Haven't done the ludicrous plus 0-60 yet. I took out my Model 3 right when I got home and have to say that the Model 3 is much more fun to drive but not as refined.

IMG_2549.jpg

How did it go?
I bet it was awesome.
Everything went smooth. I was nervous because I'm 2 1/2 hrs away from the Portland service center and when they called on Monday they said it was still in transit so I had visions of getting there and it not being ready. When I arrived it was ready to go and had no issues at all. No flaws or issues of any kind. Since this is not our first X I didn't need any orientation and we were in and out in under 15 minutes. Comparing driving this to our 3 there is a notable difference in the suspension feels much better and also it is an improvement over our prior 2016 X. This new suspension glides over the bumps in the road whereas you feel every crease in the road in the 3.

We are starting our semi annual road trip to New Orleans on Friday and we are driving this instead of our 3 so its going to be a good break-in run for it.

• Informative
Haa! Just got on to post a pic! Very comfy ride compared to my Model 3 performance. Haven't done the ludicrous plus 0-60 yet. I took out my Model 3 right when I got home and have to say that the Model 3 is much more fun to drive but not as refined.

View attachment 453575

Awesome! Glad to see positive experience from repeat new owners. Enjoy your new P L X! :)

Reactions: macgeng
Everything went smooth. I was nervous because I'm 2 1/2 hrs away from the Portland service center and when they called on Monday they said it was still in transit so I had visions of getting there and it not being ready. When I arrived it was ready to go and had no issues at all. No flaws or issues of any kind. Since this is not our first X I didn't need any orientation and we were in and out in under 15 minutes. Comparing driving this to our 3 there is a notable difference in the suspension feels much better and also it is an improvement over our prior 2016 X. This new suspension glides over the bumps in the road whereas you feel every crease in the road in the 3.

We are starting our semi annual road trip to New Orleans on Friday and we are driving this instead of our 3 so its going to be a good break-in run for it.

Wow! Good news all around - thanks for sharing this motivating delivery experience. It's a good breath of fresh air from all the other horror delivery stories recently.

I bet that road trip will be awesome as well. FUSC all the way. YOOHOOO!
I'm very happy for you.