Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order to PTO Submission Timeline (36 Days) - San Jose, CA - PG&E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had this in another thread, but in case anyone searches for San Jose, CA; Tesla and PG&E

Located in San Jose, CA.

2/17 - Ordered: Changed design in first week to match what other companies said would be the most producing; This took some going back and forth - Never a problem getting a hold of sales advisor by phone, but just delay in the plan being updated.

2/26 - Agreement Signed

3/11 - Assessment Team came out; Said I needed an MPU Upgrade since I have a 100amp single switch

3/13 - Got Text Install is scheduled; I guess I don't need a MPU Upgrade. Called Tesla and they said they are good with panel and work around it without doing MPU.

3/18 - Installed; Arrived at 7am; 6 person crew - done by 4pm; Installed a second panel underneath my main panel and tied it in inverter there.

3/23 - Got a call in the evening that City of San Jose inspector coming out the next day. Tesla will call and give a time window.

3/24 - Got a call at 7:30am from Tesla saying City will be there at 8am and they'll be there a couple minutes before. City inspector wanted a thicker ground wire. Rep called a team - they were there in less than 30 minutes and replaced the ground wire. City passed the inspection. Later in the evening got the invoice to pay.

3/25 (Today @ 8am) - Wanted to use a credit card; Called Tesla Billing and paid with my CC.

3/25 (Today @ 8:30am) - Received PGE emails about PTO Submission; Signed Agreement.

PTO submission to PTO approval - Let's see.

Overall, once you're in the pipeline to get the process moving, it's been pretty handsfree. I thought I'd be dealing with a lot more based on what I was reading on reviews, etc. Decided with Tesla since it was $8k-17k cheaper than the other 10 estimates I got over the last couple months. Just waiting for PTO now, which the Tesla inspector approximated 2-4 weeks. We'll see since every estimate of time I have been given has been a lot longer than the event occuring..

Had this in another thread, but in case anyone searches for San Jose, CA; Tesla and PG&E

Located in San Jose, CA.

2/17 - Ordered: Changed design in first week to match what other companies said would be the most producing; This took some going back and forth - Never a problem getting a hold of sales advisor by phone, but just delay in the plan being updated.

2/26 - Agreement Signed

3/11 - Assessment Team came out; Said I needed an MPU Upgrade since I have a 100amp single switch

3/13 - Got Text Install is scheduled; I guess I don't need a MPU Upgrade. Called Tesla and they said they are good with panel and work around it without doing MPU.

3/18 - Installed; Arrived at 7am; 6 person crew - done by 4pm; Installed a second panel underneath my main panel and tied it in inverter there.

3/23 - Got a call in the evening that City of San Jose inspector coming out the next day. Tesla will call and give a time window.

3/24 - Got a call at 7:30am from Tesla saying City will be there at 8am and they'll be there a couple minutes before. City inspector wanted a thicker ground wire. Rep called a team - they were there in less than 30 minutes and replaced the ground wire. City passed the inspection. Later in the evening got the invoice to pay.

3/25 (Today @ 8am) - Wanted to use a credit card; Called Tesla Billing and paid with my CC.

3/25 (Today @ 8:30am) - Received PGE emails about PTO Submission; Signed Agreement.

Overall, once you're in the pipeline to get the process moving, it's been pretty handsfree. I thought I'd be dealing with a lot more based on what I was reading on reviews, etc. Decided with Tesla since it was $8k-17k cheaper than the other 10 estimates I got over the last couple months. Just waiting for PTO now, which the Tesla inspector approximated 2-4 weeks. We'll see since every estimate of time I have been given has been a lot longer than the event occuring..
San Jose is a dream to get a permit. Its online, and you get it without any review.

Glad to hear your install was so quick and easy, and passed final inspection without too much trouble.

Reactions: holeydonut and g5mY

Located in San Jose, CA.

2/26 - Agreement Signed

What did you get installed?

Contra Costa county in NorCal. Added 12 panels and a PW to an existing Tesla 11 panel prepaid lease.

3/05 - Passed inspection
3/06 - Paid for system (CCard)
3/12 - Received PGE Interconnection Request Confirmation
3/17 - Received PTO

I wrote to Tesla Customer Support and got an email back that stated they submitted the PTO request and it was rejected. Nothing more. No reason. No estimate of new submission or action taken.:mad:
That's not good. Have you called PG&E with your reference number to see why it was rejected? Might need to connect Tesla with PGE on the same email thread to sort it it.

I called PGE yesterday to just make sure they had everything. The Rep said they got everything and it was just being reviewed.

11/2020: Ordered 4.08kW system.
3/08/2021: Installation completed.
3/15/2021: Inspection completed.
3/16/2021: Received PGE email about interconnection and signed.
3/25/2021: Paid Tesla invoice in full (used CC)
4/8/2021: Today still waiting for PTO.

It's been almost three weeks after inspection, should be hearing good news anytime soon and finger crossed.

Well I am moving a bit closer I think. PG&E told me they were waiting for some pictures from Tesla on my gas riser and the picture of the inverter. I don't have a gas riser and told them so. I sent pictures of my entire PW and meter layout that has not changed and was PTO a year ago. And a picture of the separate building with the new inverter on it.

Two days later I get this notice on cc from PG&E:

The project has advanced to Engineering Review.