Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order to receive time? 70D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"arrest me red" - that's funny. I got pulled over... 95 in a 70 in my S lol. I knew he was a cop. I just didn't know a ford focus could do 112.

yea, it's hard to justify the $13k for 37 miles, but if that 13k is eaten in depreciation, it's like free range, with slightly less new car smell...

I've arrived home with 6 miles left on my 85 pack, but that was mostly because I could... I'd have to be a bit more careful with 70, but the $ savings over the 90 would be nice.

"arrest me red" - that's funny. I got pulled over... 95 in a 70 in my S lol. I knew he was a cop. I just didn't know a ford focus could do 112.

yea, it's hard to justify the $13k for 37 miles, but if that 13k is eaten in depreciation, it's like free range, with slightly less new car smell...

I've arrived home with 6 miles left on my 85 pack, but that was mostly because I could... I'd have to be a bit more careful with 70, but the $ savings over the 90 would be nice.
Yes, forgot to mention I keep my cars forever so resale is not something I worry about.

I ordered a 70D and used that 13k to get the options I wanted like leather seats, air suspension, AP and the cold weather and towing packages. My only slight regret is that it will take much longer to get my car which is a bit of a bitter pill since I've been waiting for over three years. At least they should have most of the kinks worked out by then.

yea, another one of my thoughts... waiting a few months to not only test drive one, but for Tesla to work some of the bugs out...

My 70D config would skip the suspension and towing. Towing is cool, but it won't haul my heavy load, and the lighter load... I'm not going out for 8 hours in the ocean or muddy river, jet skiing, then getting into a 90k car.. just isn't happening. for the price of the deluxe interior I can get a used Ford Escape to beat up :) By which I mean I already have one... and it has the zip ties in the bumpers to prove it's been used :)

I suppose it depends on your set of assumptions. People may be weighted towards getting the 70 IF:

1. They like the doors
2. move more than 5 people around during normal course of business (think soccer mom)
3. prefer to spend less money ($15k)
4. Maybe use the $15k to keep an alternative vehicle around for long trips especially when towing and range becomes an issue

Perhaps we will get a sense during the next earnings call if the analysts ask the right questions (seldom do).

But I think it is entirely plausible that you will have greater volume at the low end (70)
Many including me share this view. I'll use the saved 15k to buy a model 3.