Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order today for delivery in 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same tentative plan for replacing mine as well.

Elon Musk has stated that if they don’t get you a car by the end of the year, you can request a refund for the deposit. They understand the lower tax credit in 2019 is a deal-breaker for some people.

Part of me wonders if they'd just cut $3k off the car price...

I usually finance cars w/my bank, PSECU, but saw that Tesla will match "any" terms?
3.99% 84 months is PSECU, it's not what it used to be. Back in 2015 they had 2.99% for 84 months.

PSECU was a hassle w/tesla for the last 2 tesla's I bought... so maybe Tesla finance will be less hassle... provided it's a dead match. I saw the spreadsheet, but am having a hard time finding one I qualify for.. also all of like 15 days left in Dec!

Looks like Tesla approved me, 3.8 something, 72 months. But they will match PSECU?
Either way, doesn’t really matter to me. Prefer just to use my own bank anyway. Simpler.
But good news is I have a fall back if needed. I can always refi with PSECU. New or used is same APR.

Are we able to put any more than the $2500 on plastic?
I’m 0% until Feb 2020, so I prefer to use that...
(And please, no crap about plastic or 84 month loans, I’m not on my 3rd Tesla because I’m bad at this stuff...)

They want insurance, but I can’t insure without a VIN...

So waiting on that I guess.

Lol, impulse buy but, I love my wife’s car, just wish it was a hair faster and had stickier tires. (I plan to get the aftermarket 19s) once I wear out the original tires. With the AWD and tires, I should be set.

order placed. Going to drive this until the pickup comes out :)

hoping the tax credit covers most of the depreciation.

I dont think the tax credit is going to cover any of the depreciation, because these cars basically depreciate the amount of the tax credit immediately, dont they?

They instantly become worth 7500 less the second they are picked up, and then depreciate from there.

I continued reading and this is your third tesla, so you probably have a handle on the depreciation on these. Dont they depreciate by the tax credit immediately (question, not statement)?

Maybe not if the tax credit no longer exists...

Anyway, do I get a keyfob?

Nope.. no key fob.. 2 key cards only and the keyfobs are sold out (and they do not support passive entry even if you buy one). They do work to open the car like a regular keyfob (push buttons on hood, top or trunk) and to drive... just not to open passively like the phone key or the model s/x keys from what I read.

I dont think the tax credit is going to cover any of the depreciation, because these cars basically depreciate the amount of the tax credit immediately, dont they?

They instantly become worth 7500 less the second they are picked up, and then depreciate from there.

I continued reading and this is your third tesla, so you probably have a handle on the depreciation on these. Dont they depreciate by the tax credit immediately (question, not statement)?

That’s not an accurate way to measure price of car in open market. It’s pure supply-demand economics.

Your car isn’t worth $7500 more on Jan 1, 2020 when all rebates phase out. To look at a reverse angle.

loans lined up.
need VIN to add to insurance
All other docs uploaded.

now... WHERE'S MY TESLA?! lol. 17 days and ticking.

I'm guessing they are just pumping out car after car, given that there are really only so many configs.

I'd take a blue one or grey one if there was no additional cost :) (I ordered black).

Last edited:
I’m not on my 3rd Tesla because I’m bad at this stuff.
I love this.

Yes, if you ordered AWD black/black, the odds are super high that your car was built last month and has been patiently waiting to be adopted. Don't be surprised if you get a call today asking if you want to pick her up tomorrow. If you however were to order MR white interior, the odds of inventory in your area right now are close to nil...those seem to be coming off the line as we speak.

I do love your idea to 'be flexible' into blue or charcoal at no upcharge if they can't get you a black one by 12/31.
I suspect there will be a TON of last-minute deals made on/near 12/31 to ensure inventory at midnight is as close to zero as possible.
So in that sense I hope you don't get a call about your car TOO soon; would hate for you to miss out on 12/31 opportunity!

I oreder mine last night. And yup you guessed it it's MR black/white. I didn't want black so if got option to "upgrade" for free to a different color I would. Guys at the tesla store yesterday seemed overly confident it would arrive on time and the website says that also so I guess we will see...

Reactions: suwaneedad
I like the white, in photos... I like that it reminds me of my boat... But in the real world... I just don't know...
On the boat Magic Erasers rule. you get it wet, wash it off.

Also, black is my fav color... so there's that. I'd like to get hands on with a white one, but since black is my jam, I'm good.

I've already picked out my black 19" TSportline 'Tesla Turbine look alike' wheels and floor mats lol.

Loan paper work should be completed by 18 or 19th. Can't wait to take a Tesla, to Tesla, to buy a Tesla. ;)

So, where do I get a 1" 'lift kit" and some baja knobby tires and big fenders? I need a Baja Model 3 look! lol.

Reactions: Olds442
Tesla Financing: I noticed that Tesla will "Match Terms" but it seems they only want to match APR. Not Length... anyone have any feedback on that? I'm fine sticking w/my bank, and if I need Tesla to make it happen faster I can refi later... I just think it's shady to say they will "Match Terms" but then in the details it appears they only match APR...

C'mon car!

Wife's car is named "Margo" for margo the destroyer - Google Search

I'm thinking "Jewels" for Julia:

julia the magicians - Google Search

Besides, it's a fact that naming cars makes them 67% cooler.

• Funny
Reactions: Ingham
loans lined up.
need VIN to add to insurance
All other docs uploaded.

You can upload your current insurance card. All they want to see is that you have insurance currently. Insurance companies allow you to buy a car and drive it for a few days prior to adding it to your insurance. Tesla knows this, so they are just looking for confirmation of current insurance.

Reactions: suwaneedad