Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order was placed on hold by Tesla (not me)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I originally had my order placed on hold during November but on 12/01/2021 I clicked the "I am ready" button and it released the hold and gave me an EDD of 01/04-02/01 which has remained steady for a while - I know because I refresh the order page 10 times a day. But all of a sudden today, I find out my order was placed back on hold until January 2022.

So I am obviously panicking that something happened in the backend and this is going to set me back a few more weeks which kind of sucks. I reached out to my SA and he was confused how this would happen, he is checking with the Delivery Team to find out more information.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? what was the outcome?

Hello All,

I originally had my order placed on hold during November but on 12/01/2021 I clicked the "I am ready" button and it released the hold and gave me an EDD of 01/04-02/01 which has remained steady for a while - I know because I refresh the order page 10 times a day. But all of a sudden today, I find out my order was placed back on hold until January 2022.

So I am obviously panicking that something happened in the backend and this is going to set me back a few more weeks which kind of sucks. I reached out to my SA and he was confused how this would happen, he is checking with the Delivery Team to find out more information.

Not sure if this will help in your situation but I have a very similar circumstance. My SA noted I wanted to take delivery after 1/1/22. Though the app says my order is on hold until 12/31 they said just click “I’m ready” on the 30th or 31st and pick up the car a few days later. I offered to pick up a match at another location if that gets it sooner in Jan. (there are a few other Tesla stores within 2-3 hours).

If you are flexible to go pick it up somewhere else they may be able to match you sooner in Jan.

Hope that’s helpful

Upvote 0
I had a Model 3 SR ordered along with my Model 3 LR which I already took delivery of in September. When a vin came up for the SR model 3 in November, I ignored the text messages to schedule delivery and after the last text Tesla sent it said they were going to reassign the vin to the next person in line if I did not schedule delivery. The next day the SR order was automatically put on hold until April 1 2022.

Upvote 0
Hello All,

Hey my order got held automatically from tesla for no reason what happened to your order and how did your EDD change before and after the hold?

Upvote 0