TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Order with Air Suspension to get car in time for CA $2,500 rebate?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by wts13, Feb 10, 2013.

1. wts13

wts13 Member

I was originally planning on ordering a 60kw Model S with the base, standard suspension.

Then a Tesla representative suggested to me today that I consider ordering the Air Suspension simply because it will get me my car sooner, and the funds for California's Clean Vehicle Rebate Project are "running out" and I would end up "saving $1,000 in the long run" after the $2,500 rebate.

Does this sound logical? I wouldn't get the suspension unless it was the only way to qualify for the $2,500 rebate in time. She implied that the funds were running out and that by the time I took posession of a car with standard suspension, there wouldn't be any funds left.

Does anyone know more about this? I.e. how to find out how much funding for the CVR is left?

2. CraigHughes

CraigHughes Member

Rebate Funding Status

That says as of right now:

CVRP Rebates Issued (FY 2012-2013)
    $ 10,660,771
    CVRP Remaining Funds (FY 2012-2013)$ 2,646,179

3. CraigHughes

CraigHughes Member

4. wts13

wts13 Member

So if I finalize today with Air Suspension, you don't think I'll get a VIN/delivery window in time for the rebate??

5. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

As is, if you don't take delivery this month (give or take a few days), you won't get the rebate. They could always add more funds, but that's not guaranteed to happen.

6. wts13

wts13 Member

Hmm okay. Guess the person I talked to today in Hawthorne was overly optimistic...

7. dezicartel

dezicartel Member

is there any talk about them possibly adding more funds to it?

8. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

See the thread in the California forum. I'd post a link but am on my phone typing this.

9. gsxrex

gsxrex Member

There does seem to be optimism that more funds will be added, but as with everything that is the California government, take it with a grain of salt. Always better to lock in what we know exists, than lock in on something that may not exist in the future. I know that once I get my car at the end of this month, this is the first thing I'm going to apply for.

Thread for your reference: California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

10. wts13

wts13 Member

Thanks...went ahead and ordered without the suspension. If they add more funds, great, if not, I didn't waste money on an upgrade I don't need.

11. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Yes, I posted something on this earlier. I have e-mailed the CVRP program manager and he explained to me that there might be an additional 5 million added in 2013 when the existing funds run out. The program is supposed to be funded thru 2015, also when the funds run out they may start a waiting list which you can get on and when the additional funds become available they will pay accordingly.