Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order with Air Suspension to get car in time for CA $2,500 rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was originally planning on ordering a 60kw Model S with the base, standard suspension.

Then a Tesla representative suggested to me today that I consider ordering the Air Suspension simply because it will get me my car sooner, and the funds for California's Clean Vehicle Rebate Project are "running out" and I would end up "saving $1,000 in the long run" after the $2,500 rebate.

Does this sound logical? I wouldn't get the suspension unless it was the only way to qualify for the $2,500 rebate in time. She implied that the funds were running out and that by the time I took posession of a car with standard suspension, there wouldn't be any funds left.

Does anyone know more about this? I.e. how to find out how much funding for the CVR is left?

... and more data -- looks like the last couple of months, the rebates have been going at about 1,500 per month, which is well over $3,000,000 per month, so if there's only $2.4M left, that will likely be gone within about a month from now. If you order a car now though, I don't think you'll get delivery within a month.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I forgot to include the URL:

http://energycenter.org/index.php/i...ehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-project-statistics

There does seem to be optimism that more funds will be added, but as with everything that is the California government, take it with a grain of salt. Always better to lock in what we know exists, than lock in on something that may not exist in the future. I know that once I get my car at the end of this month, this is the first thing I'm going to apply for.

Thread for your reference: California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

Yes, I posted something on this earlier. I have e-mailed the CVRP program manager and he explained to me that there might be an additional 5 million added in 2013 when the existing funds run out. The program is supposed to be funded thru 2015, also when the funds run out they may start a waiting list which you can get on and when the additional funds become available they will pay accordingly.