Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 11/29 (Red LR + 20") - Delivery on 12/10 - was credited $3750 (automatically)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdees all -

so i ordered my Red LR w/ 20" inductions on 11/29/2022 (Bay Area, CA)

got confirm / delivery for 12/10 -

when i checked my balance sheet - was indeed automatically adjusted / credited $3750 "Referral Credit"
didnt have to do anything or email anyone -

so can indeed confirm if you take delivery in 12/2022 - you do get the $3750 discount / credit-

guess i just got lucky - had no clue prior to ordering and who knew my car would be delivered withing 10 days of ordering....

Bf

Reactions: TomB985 and Sambub
Ordered the MY for the wife back around June, original delivery scheduled for Feb-April 2023, but around October it was revised to December-Jan of this year, and now it's Dec 10-Dec 24 (Merry Xmas to us!). Just got a text about receiving the $3750 discount. Confirmed no picking from inventory is required.

Received my VIN number Dec 20th with delivery Dec 29 - Dec 31. Was given credit for the Dec purchase on my contract and have paid for the car. Now Tesla is saying vehicle is delayed due to severe weather conditions. I live in Tampa. Fremont to Tampa or Austin to Tampa where’s the severe weather? Surely they don’t take some vehicles to New York then go to Florida? They are also saying the referral credit is only good for in Dec. Car has already been paid in full ?? 4th Tesla ordered and have a deposit for a Roadster on file. With service issues I’ve had this will probably do it for my Tesla experience. Have owned Teslas for almost 10 years.

Received my VIN number Dec 20th with delivery Dec 29 - Dec 31. Was given credit for the Dec purchase on my contract and have paid for the car. Now Tesla is saying vehicle is delayed due to severe weather conditions. I live in Tampa. Fremont to Tampa or Austin to Tampa where’s the severe weather? Surely they don’t take some vehicles to New York then go to Florida? They are also saying the referral credit is only good for in Dec. Car has already been paid in full ?? 4th Tesla ordered and have a deposit for a Roadster on file. With service issues I’ve had this will probably do it for my Tesla experience. Have owned Teslas for almost 10 years.
Bad weather will have a ripple effect throughout the country, not just in the vicinity of the bad weather. Similar to how bad weather on the east coast can affect air travel on the west coast as well.
Paying for your car without physically accepting it may become a headache if they deliver after 12/31 and don’t honor the $7500 credit.

They are telling me it’s still in California. Any bad weather between Fremont and the southern route out of California ? I paid for it specifically to lock in the new contract price which had been reduced. What can happen, they keep my money and the car? Seems ridiculous but it’s the new Tesla I guess.

It’s now stuck in Nebraska ?? Not sure how a vehicle going from California to Florida makes it to Nebraska but who knows. Went to the Tampa dealer today to inquire and their entire lots are full of cars with license plants so bought and paid for vehicles under repair. Can’t wait to see the next JD Powers warrantee claims stats.