Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time ordering a Tesla and I ordered a MY LR AWD in MSM/White/5seat/Tow Hitch/Gemini. I originally had a date of 3/31 but it suddenly disappeared and I still haven't received a vin yet. I reached out to a SA in Fremont because I don't have one assigned to me and the lady told me that my build was pushed back due to nothing available. She said I am looking at a mid April build and probably a late April delivery. I am taking this with a grain of salt because SAs always assume and rarely ever have facts. I'm surprised I wasn't pushed in before the end of Q1. I also thought that cars in the beginning of Q2 are shipped overseas. Is Tesla doing that differently now or should I still expect a June/July delivery?

First time ordering a Tesla and I ordered a MY LR AWD in MSM/White/5seat/Tow Hitch/Gemini. I originally had a date of 3/31 but it suddenly disappeared and I still haven't received a vin yet. I reached out to a SA in Fremont because I don't have one assigned to me and the lady told me that my build was pushed back due to nothing available. She said I am looking at a mid April build and probably a late April delivery. I am taking this with a grain of salt because SAs always assume and rarely ever have facts. I'm surprised I wasn't pushed in before the end of Q1. I also thought that cars in the beginning of Q2 are shipped overseas. Is Tesla doing that differently now or should I still expect a June/July delivery?
I think Model Y are not shipped overseas so they still are produced for NA market. I know Model 3 first month of each quarter production is for overseas.

How did you get notified of the 3/31 date?

To be fair, ordering 6 days before the end of the quarter, you would be lucky to get delivery in those 6 days, and as many have posted it happens often, but I would not have assumed it to be the case.

If you wanted an EOQ delivery I would say the order probably needed to be in a good 2 weeks if not 3 before the end of the month. Then you could have a high level of confidence that you would get delivery before the end of the quarter. I think 6 days is pushing it, if you really "expected" them to squeeze it in. Especially since your are in Denver.

Lines up with my experience. I ordered about the same date and a few days later had a seemingly early 115xxx VIN. After asking some questions to my SA about the early VIN # the VIN was dropped from my Overview page.

I don't expect another VIN for a while now.

To be fair, ordering 6 days before the end of the quarter, you would be lucky to get delivery in those 6 days, and as many have posted it happens often, but I would not have assumed it to be the case
If you wanted an EOQ delivery I would say the order probably needed to be in a good 2 weeks if not 3 before the end of the month. Then you could have a high level of confidence that you would get delivery before the end of the quarter. I think 6 days is pushing it, if you really "expected" them to squeeze it in. Especially since your are in Denver.
I think you pulled the wrong thing from my post. I was surprised because I thought they may have found my configuration on a lot somewhere. I thought the combo was pretty common and I know they were producing more cars to meet the EOQ rush. I wasn't even trying to get one by the EOQ. The website gave me a date for 3/30 or 3/31 and that is why I expected the end of this month. It wasn't until I got to do financing the next day that the date disappeared.

Lines up with my experience. I ordered about the same date and a few days later had a seemingly early 115xxx VIN. After asking some questions to my SA about the early VIN # the VIN was dropped from my Overview page.

I don't expect another VIN for a while now.
I'm thinking if we are lucky then we will get mid April builds. Either way, I'm fine with it since I want a new build regardless of the headlight version.

Reactions: proximanova
I’m in a similar situation, had an expected date of 29-31 march in my account and then it disappeared, talked to my SA and he said probably May for a delivery since they had no stocks with my configuration or remotly close to match me with something.

I think you pulled the wrong thing from my post. I was surprised because I thought they may have found my configuration on a lot somewhere. I thought the combo was pretty common and I know they were producing more cars to meet the EOQ rush. I wasn't even trying to get one by the EOQ. The website gave me a date for 3/30 or 3/31 and that is why I expected the end of this month. It wasn't until I got to do financing the next day that the date disappeared.
That makes sense. I think someone probably stoll your build along the way. If a local sales associate has a buyer and its so close to quarter end and they can guarantee delivery I could see them pulling it from you if you didn’t have all of the financing details locked in.

I feel like quarter end at Tesla anything goes. Just get them delivered.

Reactions: soilentgreen
Other then getting a VIN assigned none of us who ordered end of March have any actual idea if our vehicles will be built in April or May? I bet the SA’s don’t even know. I’m assuming eventually someone will get a VIN and then we would be able to find out build dates?

Other then getting a VIN assigned none of us who ordered end of March have any actual idea if our vehicles will be built in April or May? I bet the SA’s don’t even know. I’m assuming eventually someone will get a VIN and then we would be able to find out build dates?
Yep I don’t think so. I ordered 3/20 and have no estimate of any type. I originally had the 1-10 weeks estimate on my order page but that disappeared too lol. I ordered a LR white/white/induction wheels with tow hitch.

I ordered mine on 3/23. Similar specs but blue. Was told end of April and it was delivered yesterday

Yeah, they said if a build can materialize then they will get me one but it is the 31st and now I am thinking end of April at the earliest. Maybe I will luck out and they will add something new to the car by delivery. I don't think it will be headlights though.
Exactly. At this point I’m not expecting anything new. But hoping with every quarter some improvements in build quality or upgrades might come to fruition.

First time ordering a Tesla and I ordered a MY LR AWD in MSM/White/5seat/Tow Hitch/Gemini.

I ordered on 3/27 MY LR AWD White Pearl / B&W interior / gemini wheels $50990. Have not received a Vin# or expected mfg date. The 1-10 weeks delivery also disappeared. I have not reached out to anyone yet but I did get a firm quote on my trade-in. Everything complete except my insurance update which I can't do until they give me a firm pickup date. My pickup will be at the Service center as it is 2 miles from my house.

There are a few in your configuration around the country in inventory but I don't believe they like to double ship if what you select is a popular configuration.

Mine had 2 in the nation but on the west coast and they are now gone from inventory.

I ordered on 3/27 MY LR AWD White Pearl / B&W interior / gemini wheels $50990. Have not received a Vin# or expected mfg date. The 1-10 weeks delivery also disappeared. I have not reached out to anyone yet but I did get a firm quote on my trade-in. Everything complete except my insurance update which I can't do until they give me a firm pickup date. My pickup will be at the Service center as it is 2 miles from my house.

There are a few in your configuration around the country in inventory but I don't believe they like to double ship if what you select is a popular configuration.

Mine had 2 in the nation but on the west coast and they are now gone from inventory.
Do yourself a favor and put your current insurance in. You need to have a vin on your insurance but a SA told me to put SOMETHING current in so they know you can easily transfer and can have current insurance.

Fyi i ordered 3/6, basic black interior/no hitch/19"

Only upgrades were 7 seat, blue, FSD

Haven't heard squat, no delivery time frame other than the initial day of ordering estimate the SA guessed.

Have called multiple times and asked multiple tesla reps over the past two/three weeks and nobody can give anymore details. Everytime i call, they seem to just check existing inventory and that's all they can do.

My experience fwiw