Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My status finally changed: Estimated Delivery: April 08 - April 28. I never received any dates, not even estimated 1-10 weeks until today. Ordered on 3/14: MSM, LR, 7 Seat, Tow, no FSD. Still no VIN though, I'm guessing I won't get that until the same delivery week or so like many others. Coincidentally, I complained to the SA today about not seeing any estimated time at all not even the long May/June/July or any dates and then bang after I complained it showed up.

First time ordering a Tesla and I ordered a MY LR AWD in MSM/White/5seat/Tow Hitch/Gemini. I originally had a date of 3/31 but it suddenly disappeared and I still haven't received a vin yet. I reached out to a SA in Fremont because I don't have one assigned to me and the lady told me that my build was pushed back due to nothing available. She said I am looking at a mid April build and probably a late April delivery. I am taking this with a grain of salt because SAs always assume and rarely ever have facts. I'm surprised I wasn't pushed in before the end of Q1. I also thought that cars in the beginning of Q2 are shipped overseas. Is Tesla doing that differently now or should I still expect a June/July delivery?
I ordered my performance model y 3/12/21 and picked it up 3/27/21.

Another update: 3rd one today--
Estimated Delivery: April 22 - May 06

Ordered 3/27 MY AWD LR white- B/W 19" wheels

The guy who is making these changes at Tesla must be following this thread and laughing his AO just messing with us. You think?

If all of us are getting push back by almost a week now, maybe Tesla hasn't been making any MY's for a week. ???

I was looking at the spreadsheet and, except for a few outliers, most orders from the last few days of March until now have not gotten a VIN (much less a delivery). Seems strange, right? There should be SOME cars coming off the line every day and someone should be getting a VIN.

The guy who is making these changes at Tesla must be following this thread and laughing his AO just messing with us. You think?

If all of us are getting push back by almost a week now, maybe Tesla hasn't been making any MY's for a week. ???
I was thinking the same thing, almost like they know which username links to an order number and they are bored.

Also I was thinking the same about production. It seems odd that everyone who is getting a new build had a target 2 weeks away, then they all moved 1 week further. The crazy guy in me wants to think we may get the first run for some change.

Anyways, within 10 minutes of my last update my estimate got pushed back out to 4/26-5/26 again. This morning it's down to 4/24-5/24. This one month window is super annoying.

Ordered 3/26 MY AWD LR white- black 5 seat interior - 19" wheels - tow hitch