Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the Cali people jumped the line!
Exactly, even they ordered in April. I ordered in March 22, delivery time April 28 - May 18. I'm from Illinois. I thought CA would get last month of the quarter since delivery to them will take less time than to people from east coast for example. Any way, first month they are focused on production of Model 3 for overseas, after that, more cars will be for american market.

Not me! Ordered 3/14, still showing May 19 - June 08. Maybe my parts still stuck on Suez Canal on that ship they're holding hostage for that big penalty.
Correction, it pushed again, Estimated Delivery: May 22 - June 11. Damn I was really hoping not to have to get in that end of quarter situation when they rush everything and then there's always that potential of quality issue when you rush things. This just proves that no CA is not better than any other states from a timeline perspective.

Correction, it pushed again, Estimated Delivery: May 22 - June 11. Damn I was really hoping not to have to get in that end of quarter situation when they rush everything and then there's always that potential of quality issue when you rush things. This just proves that no CA is not better than any other states from a timeline perspective.
Same, 1 day further, now April 29 - May 19

history:
04.17 - 05.06
04.18 - 05.06
04.19 - 05.06
04.20 - 05.06
04.21 - 05.06
04.22 - 05.06
04.23 - 05.06
04.28 - 05.18
now:
04.29 - 05.19

For me it looks like they have enough orders from local area so why to pay for shipping to Illinois when you can deliver locally? Still charging 1k destination fee. Thats why the dates are pushed further and further. This: "Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Last edited:
Online inventory was tracking around 1000 model Ys for the last week or two. Now showing 175 nationwide (started around 500 this morning I think). I think a lot of orders are being fulfilled since they might be slowing/stopping model Y production now that the end of quarter push is over. People who don't want to wait, SR orders being converted, etc.
Someone who monitors the Model Ys leaving the Fremont plant said that most of those leaving the last few weeks are going overseas. Who knows

Same, 1 day further, now April 29 - May 19

history:
04.17 - 05.06
04.18 - 05.06
04.19 - 05.06
04.20 - 05.06
04.21 - 05.06
04.22 - 05.06
04.23 - 05.06
04.28 - 05.18
now:
04.29 - 05.19

For me it looks like they have anough orders from local area so why to pay for shipping to Illinois when you can deliver locally? Still charging 1k destination fee. Thats why the dates are pushed further and further. This: "Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.
Ha the 1200 destination fee is charged even when I go to the Fremont plant and pick the car up. Tesla says this is a charge they have to make by law. Someone might have more details on this. I am 75.5 miles from the plant and over 70yrs old and I asked if I could pick the car up at the Tesla Service Center in Seaside CA and they said no. I live too close to the plant so I have to go get it myself!

Reactions: Anndybo
First post checking in from Los Angeles! Just ordered today 4/13: LR white/black, 20” inductions, 5-seater, no tow, no FSD

I wasn’t really paying attention to my order page this morning but I did notice later in the day that it changed to Estimated Delivery: May 15 - June 04. After reading through this thread I fully expect a roller coaster of changes.

Someone who monitors the Model Ys leaving the Fremont plant said that most of those leaving the last few weeks are going overseas. Who knows
Model Ys aren't shipped overseas. The production halt of the Y was probably due to the superconductor shortage. Elon even came out and thanks the suppliers for an unknown reason a few days ago and then all of a sudden we are getting vins out again.