Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post checking in from Los Angeles! Just ordered today 4/13: LR white/black, 20” inductions, 5-seater, no tow, no FSD

I wasn’t really paying attention to my order page this morning but I did notice later in the day that it changed to Estimated Delivery: May 15 - June 04. After reading through this thread I fully expect a roller coaster of changes.
If you want to save yourself some headache and stress then do what I did and don't worry about the moving dates. Your date doesn't matter to you until you receive a vin. Even then it can shift and get pushed back but it is more concrete than a date without a vin.

Model Ys aren't shipped overseas. The production halt of the Y was probably due to the superconductor shortage. Elon even came out and thanks the suppliers for an unknown reason a few days ago and then all of a sudden we are getting vins out again.

I don’t think this is accurate. My friend who works at one of the factories said there was never a production halt on the Y and that over half of the people working the 3/Y line have never worked on the S/X. It would be more of a burden to stop the line and retrain. They did mention a string of days that were committed to fulfilling a huge South Korean order.

I had to refresh to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but my delivery estimate just updated to 4/29-5/10! This is the tightest window I've seen yet. New graph.
TSLAMY_DelivEst_4_14_21_8_00_AM.png

I don’t think this is accurate. My friend who works at one of the factories said there was never a production halt on the Y and that over half of the people working the 3/Y line have never worked on the S/X. It would be more of a burden to stop the line and retrain. They did mention a string of days that were committed to fulfilling a huge South Korean order.
They aren’t exported to Europe. We assume they use MIC Ys to fulfill Asia but I don’t think that they is confirmed. There were sightings of Ys with euro plate brackets in the Fremont lot on haulers but those were likely cars for media reviews or showing off in stores to entice orders prior to Berlin production starting. Not production to export for sales. The Euro contingent here would be all over that if the order pages opened up for the Y in Europe.

Congrats! You think there is a possibility mine will be any day now?

Thank you kindly. It seems there are people here who ordered before me, so I’m not sure what criteria Tesla used to assigned pick me.

There’s a theory that west coast orders are taking priority and I live in Las Vegas, so perhaps there is some truth to that. It looks like mine is coming from Fremont.

I ordered a white LR, white interior, induction wheels, and FSD. Not sure if the combination of the order has any effect.

There are also people who have mentioned waiting to get their financing taken care of. I had taken care of all of that on the site, uploaded insurance, etc. I don’t have a trade-in. I’m not sure if that played a role either.

My friend at the factory said they have been cranking out vehicles like normal.

I do hope you and everyone else gets their vehicle soon. No fun waiting if you’re ready for your vehicle now. If I hear anything else, will be sure to share.

Thank you kindly. It seems there are people here who ordered before me, so I’m not sure what criteria Tesla used to assigned pick me.

There’s a theory that west coast orders are taking priority and I live in Las Vegas, so perhaps there is some truth to that. It looks like mine is coming from Fremont.

I ordered a white LR, white interior, induction wheels, and FSD. Not sure if the combination of the order has any effect.

There are also people who have mentioned waiting to get their financing taken care of. I had taken care of all of that on the site, uploaded insurance, etc. I don’t have a trade-in. I’m not sure if that played a role either.

My friend at the factory said they have been cranking out vehicles like normal.

I do hope you and everyone else gets their vehicle soon. No fun waiting if you’re ready for your vehicle now. If I hear anything else, will be sure to share.
Completely agree with this. Even if there was a particular part shortage they can still work on other areas. The chassis for example probably does not need a chip. Paint shop does not need a wheel to paint a panel. Shoot maybe this even gives them some time to do some QC on some areas. Sure you can't complete without a certain part but doesnt mean complete factory halt. And my date range just moved up and down wildly, from April 19-April 29 to May to June to Mid June and today back to April 15 to May. So yeah nothing you can do I'm anxious to receive but it's not life and death for me. I'm not making any vacation or work schedule changes just to meet their wild unpredictable timeline. I'll still check for sure but not trusting their estimated dates at all.

Last edited: