Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My born date is 4/12 and delivery is expected for next week. I'm assuming any car built by the weekend has the possibility to come out here. Fingers crossed you get a vin by then.
So I had an interesting series of events over the last hour. I was looking around for existing inventory and found a car that met my order with everything but a tow hitch that said it was in Raleigh, NC. I said screw it, I'll just go and fly and pickup that one. I called the Sales department in Raleigh who confirmed the car was in existing inventory and that I would need to pick it up within 3 days. I agree and she assigns the VIN to my order. Then when we try to setup the actual delivery she realizes that the car is not actually in Raleigh, its in Fremont. She said that it will actually ship to Denver and is expected to arrive 4/24. My order page has the VIN associated with it now and is showing an estimated delivery of 4/25-4/27.

So I had an interesting series of events over the last hour. I was looking around for existing inventory and found a car that met my order with everything but a tow hitch that said it was in Raleigh, NC. I said screw it, I'll just go and fly and pickup that one. I called the Sales department in Raleigh who confirmed the car was in existing inventory and that I would need to pick it up within 3 days. I agree and she assigns the VIN to my order. Then when we try to setup the actual delivery she realizes that the car is not actually in Raleigh, its in Fremont. She said that it will actually ship to Denver and is expected to arrive 4/24. My order page has the VIN associated with it now and is showing an estimated delivery of 4/25-4/27.
Nice! I've actually read about this situation before. Specifically where a vehicle shows as in inventory for a SC, but after being matched the SC realizes that it was only destined for that location but is hung up in shipping. Congrats on that! Not going to lie, I was checking inventory daily to do the same thing. I consider it a great way to try the car out, pick it up and road trip it home.

So what was your configuration?

I found one that showed up this morning in Tampa but it was sold in an hour.

So what was your configuration?

I found one that showed up this morning in Tampa but it was sold in an hour.

My configuration was MSM, No FSD, Tow Hitch, Black Interior, and 19in Wheels.

Car that was assigned is MSM, No FSD, No Tow Hitch, Black Interior, and 19in Wheels.

Was down for the roadtrip and understood the tow hitch would be slightly more expensive after the fact. Happy to let it deliver and add the tow hitch later at this point. $200 is a price worth paying in my mind for a degree of certainty.

Reactions: TravelFree
My configuration was MSM, No FSD, Tow Hitch, Black Interior, and 19in Wheels.

Car that was assigned is MSM, No FSD, No Tow Hitch, Black Interior, and 19in Wheels.

Was down for the roadtrip and understood the tow hitch would be slightly more expensive after the fact. Happy to let it deliver and add the tow hitch later at this point. $200 is a price worth paying in my mind for a degree of certainty.
Bet it was this one that I posted earlier today: It showed up as destination for Tampa on the inventory page:

Attachments

• 33602.png
    33602.png
    131.2 KB · Views: 74
question is, are you paying the shipping costs now...

Shouldn't be that much from Cali to you, but for some of us on East Coast it's like 2 grand...

I have my vin yesterday but still no delivery date
Don't feel bad sloth, I haven't been contacted by my SA either (nor email, nor text). If it wasn't for me hitting F5 on my profile literally every time I realize I hadn't hit F5 in a while, I wouldn't even know I have a VIN at this point.

So of the people on here talking about their SA's reaching out to them, waking the cars up to track them via GPS, etc. etc. are making me jealous. lol

Where were you able to check the build date? Just curious so I can check mine.

Also, my delivery date seems to fluctuate still. It slipped a day later last night, but then updated back to the same estimate. I assume I just made the cut-off for the shipment or something similar. Now my estimate has moved up a day (which is exciting!). At this point, I'm 10-15 days away from delivery!
I contacted the SA that was assigned to me with my VIN and asked when the born date is. I also asked for any accessories that I was looking for.
How long after you get your VIN do they contact you for the delivery date?
The time is all over the place. Some are next day and some have waited as much as a month.