Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had an interesting series of events over the last hour. I was looking around for existing inventory and found a car that met my order with everything but a tow hitch that said it was in Raleigh, NC. I said screw it, I'll just go and fly and pickup that one. I called the Sales department in Raleigh who confirmed the car was in existing inventory and that I would need to pick it up within 3 days. I agree and she assigns the VIN to my order. Then when we try to setup the actual delivery she realizes that the car is not actually in Raleigh, its in Fremont. She said that it will actually ship to Denver and is expected to arrive 4/24. My order page has the VIN associated with it now and is showing an estimated delivery of 4/25-4/27.
I just saw another WITH the Tow Hitch getting ready to ship to Florida.

I spoke to my wife and she said let's just wait for ours to get scheduled even if it is next month. But, I don't understand why these inventory cars are showing up when some people here have orders pending for the same config.

Reactions: olsookie
I just saw another WITH the Tow Hitch getting ready to ship to Florida.

I spoke to my wife and she said let's just wait for ours to get scheduled even if it is next month. But, I don't understand why these inventory cars are showing up when some people here have orders pending for the same config.
Call you SA or email them. Something seems fishy with your order specifically especially since I got my VIN a while ago now. Also I'm noticing these are appearing and disappearing nearly instantly. I wonder if the existing inventory shows cars built for a region, but then they disappear as they are matched to orders in the region.

Was set to pick up this Sat (4/17) at the Fremont plant, 9am-6pm just waiting for Tesla to let me know the time. Now logged into my account and now my vin is gone and delivery date says 5-9 weeks from order date??? Tried calling my SA no answer. Did Tesla just screw me and reassigned my vin to some one else?

• Informative
Reactions: Consult
Was set to pick up this Sat (4/17) at the Fremont plant, 9am-6pm just waiting for Tesla to let me know the time. Now logged into my account and now my vin is gone and delivery date says 5-9 weeks from order date??? Tried calling my SA no answer. Did Tesla just screw me and reassigned my vin to some one else?
Talked to Tesla rep (SA not working today) she said the car must not have passed inspection so they pulled the vin. can she give me a better excuse? Then she said you only ordered (4/5) 10 days ago and would be normally 5-9 weeks? Oh well I guess I'm back in the queue :(

Got an update today! Dates moved from 4/30 - 5/10 to 4/27 - 5/3 and an assigned VIN.
Sounds good! I was planning to contact my SA today and see what my status is.

What's your configuration, and date you ordered?

Most of us are putting our order info in our sig statement below to help everyone track delivery activity.

edit- OK, I found your first post where you posted the info. Seems my order date is before yours by one day. If you got a VIN then your car is probably about 5-7 days out from when it gets loaded on a train to Birmingham AL and then another day to our SC on Philips HW. Thanks for posting.

Last edited: