Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you get offer to set your delivery appointment? Was it by email?
I'm curious to know what other people are seeing here too. How long was it between VIN and contact from the SA to schedule delivery? I got my VIN on Sunday and haven't heard anything (don't want to reach out prematurely to my SA). Looking at 4/29-5/6 dates now. Waiting for the official delivery date before getting insurance squared away.

I'm curious to know what other people are seeing here too. How long was it between VIN and contact from the SA to schedule delivery? I got my VIN on Sunday and haven't heard anything (don't want to reach out prematurely to my SA). Looking at 4/29-5/6 dates now. Waiting for the official delivery date before getting insurance squared away.
My date tightened to 5/5 so looking at the calendar I decided to send SA a text and request he get me a delivery date so I can notify my insurance. This is crazy trying to coordinate insurance and Tesla VIN requirements because my trade-in insurance expires on 4/30. I need to know before the 28th to have time to get every party in sync. Coincidental dates in my case. If actual delivery is 5/1 or after then I have to renew the trade-in. If 4.30 or before, I let Insurance know and they add the MY to the policy and Tesla can release the car. Crazy!

Reactions: ogfire88
Update- I just got a call from my SA who verified the location of my VIN and it is sitting at the rail yard in California this morning waiting to get loaded on a train. Based on his experience he estimated May 2 ±a day, as the delivery appointment date but until it gets closer he is not comfortable giving me a firm date. Understandable.

Reactions: ropogigio724
My date tightened to 5/5 so looking at the calendar I decided to send SA a text and request he get me a delivery date so I can notify my insurance. This is crazy trying to coordinate insurance and Tesla VIN requirements because my trade-in insurance expires on 4/30. I need to know before the 28th to have time to get every party in sync. Coincidental dates in my case. If actual delivery is 5/1 or after then I have to renew the trade-in. If 4.30 or before, I let Insurance know and they add the MY to the policy and Tesla can release the car. Crazy!
I really don’t understand the insurance requirement. I had a 30 day grace period to get our last vehicle on the policy. Either way, we have everything sorted and just have to flip the switch.. just hoping I hear from my SA sooner rather than later to schedule delivery. I’m guessing there’s still a train ride to go, so maybe they don’t have a good enough idea yet.

Update- I just got a call from my SA who verified the location of my VIN and it is sitting at the rail yard in California this morning waiting to get loaded on a train. Based on his experience he estimated May 2 ±a day, as the delivery appointment date but until it gets closer he is not comfortable giving me a firm date. Understandable.
Your SA is very nice updating you on everything. Mine is doing nothing.

Soo did you get a vin number? Or still waiting on that?

What's a SA? ;)
TMC short type for Sales Advisor. Unlike traditional car sales person Tesla SA's are straight salary and no commission. Some are self motivated while others do the minimum to not get fired.

I really don’t understand the insurance requirement.
Must be a state requirement as only a few states require the VIN and insurance documents be present to drive away, even though the insurance company has that 30 day window here on new car purchase. Problem is, if I have them add the new Tesla VIN then I have to pay insurance for both cars until the day I do the trade-in then they issue a credit. Since it looks like my Tesla won't be here until a day or two after the renewal date of my trade in I plan to just renew it now and get a credit when I do the exchange. I know the price so the good news is, the Tesla MY is a hundred $ less than my trade-in. Never would have guessed that.

Reactions: schnabel45
Last update from me since the end is near. Hope everyone gets their VIN's soon. Picking up in Mt. Kisco, NY.

2/24/21 - Ordered to lock in price drop, showed 4 week delivery
2/25/21 - VIN assigned for delivery within a week, asked to be put on hold until 4/20 :cool: to align with lease ending mid May
4/6/21 - Hit I'm ready since I got spooked since times were in the 6-10 week range
~~ Delivery fluctuating between April 25 to May 25, moved many times. ~~
4/18/21 - VIN assigned, 179xxx. Waiting for SC to call as they don't need me bugging them when the car takes at least a week to go across the country.
4/20/21 - Mt. Kisco called. Car scheduled to arrive 5/2, pickup scheduled for a few days later.

LR AWD, 5 seater, White on white, 19" Gemini, no Tow, no FSD