Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3/25 and build is set for mid April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bay Area, CA.

April 21 04.23 - 05.07
April 22 04.24 - 05.07
April 23 04.25 - 05.07
April 24 04.26 - 05.07
April 25 04.27 - 05.08
April 26 1 - 10 weeks
April 27 04.27 - 04.30 VIN 180XXX TODAY! No text or pick up date yet.
Last Update: April 28 got a text that it'll be delivered to my house 04.30.

LR AWD/Pearl White/20"/No Tow/Black 5Seats/No FSD
Interesting initial txt was to deliver to my house on 4/29th, two days later txt to pick up in fremont factory 4/29. second delivery as first i denied (paint damage and large gaps). little concerned given the big ramp in model y production equals poor build quality.

Bay Area, CA.

April 21 04.23 - 05.07
April 22 04.24 - 05.07
April 23 04.25 - 05.07
April 24 04.26 - 05.07
April 25 04.27 - 05.08
April 26 1 - 10 weeks
April 27 04.27 - 04.30 VIN 180XXX TODAY! No text or pick up date yet.
Last Update: April 28 got a text that it'll be delivered to my house 04.30.

LR AWD/Pearl White/20"/No Tow/Black 5Seats/No FSD

When did you order?

That's been a pretty normal pattern from what I've seen so far. Mine did the same swing and then came right back over the next couple days.

yep, my wife and I have just about turned this into a suspense novel.

I know the dates are all but meaningless, and constant checking and worrying does nothing. Plus, in the the end, there will be a happy ending. So we're just Enjoying the storyline! lol

She only looked this morning because of chatter on her social media. A person who ordered the same config before us has a similar pushback.

yep, my wife and I have just about turned this into a suspense novel.

I know the dates are all but meaningless, and constant checking and worrying does nothing. Plus, in the the end, there will be a happy ending. So we're just Enjoying the storyline! lol

She only looked this morning because of chatter on her social media. A person who ordered the same config before us has a similar pushback.

You have the exact same build as me and just a slightly earlier order date. We have the same date range movements too! Our suspense comes from whether our second car will survive the wait for the MY delivery, haha. Here's hoping it jumps back in the next few days

• Helpful
Reactions: Peelz
You have the exact same build as me and just a slightly earlier order date. We have the same date range movements too! Our suspense comes from whether our second car will survive the wait for the MY delivery, haha. Here's hoping it jumps back in the next few days
Yeah, we are not getting these until the last two weeks of the quarter (aka June). My date just jumped a couple of weeks to May 22 - June 11th. It seems like Tesla does large shipments all at once to the east coast toward the end of the quarter. While this doesn't makes sense to me there must be some cost savings somewhere. Oh...and I also have the dreaded blue-tow hitch combo...:)

Yeah, we are not getting these until the last two weeks of the quarter (aka June). My date just jumped a couple of weeks to May 22 - June 11th. It seems like Tesla does large shipments all at once to the east coast toward the end of the quarter. While this doesn't makes sense to me there must be some cost savings somewhere. Oh...and I also have the dreaded blue-tow hitch combo...:)
You are thinking we will not get this until the middle of June?

I'm don't buy the end of quarter delivery focus at all. It doesn't make any sense. They're just going to keep getting them out the door as fast as they can in the closest order priority they can based on config.

There might be a management push at the factory to finish MORE vehicles as the end of the quarter approaches, but that's just from poor management practices by upper management, fueled by a desire to make 10Qs/delivery totals look as nice as possible on each earnings call.

You are thinking we will not get this until the middle of June?
This is totally conjecture based on analyzing the spreadsheet, but it does seem like there are two different delivery systems. One for people whose cars need to be put on a train (aka east coast and middle of US) and one for those that don't. For the east coast, deliveries to a state or region are all clustered together. For example, looking at NY in the last quarter all of the deliveries were in March. There have basically been no deliveries in April, yet last week a bunch of people got VIN# and it looks like all of cars are headed to or on the train heading east. Meaning there will be a cluster of happy NY MYers picking up their cars in early May. For those who didn't get a VIN# (aka me) are going to have to wait until the next TT (Tesla Train) which I expect will be another four to six weeks; meaning my car will be here mid June and I will get a VIN# toward the end of May.

When I look at the deliveries on the west coast they are all spread out over time since they don't need to wait on a TT for transport.

Ive recently made the YT channel that does flyovers in fremont factory my bedtime routine lol

counting the blue Y's that sit in the pick up area. LOL

theyre definitely crankin em out but everything has limits.

Reactions: LwlPeak
Ive recently made the YT channel that does flyovers in fremont factory my bedtime routine lol

counting the blue Y's that sit in the pick up area. LOL

theyre definitely crankin em out but everything has limits.

LOL...thank you so much for doing these as I check daily to see if you have uploaded a new video...:) Yes, my focus is always the pick up area when I watch. I keep hoping someone will setup a webcam just focused on that parking lot.

Reactions: Peelz