Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 3+ weeks ago, radio silence ever since

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3 with mid-range battery over 3 weeks ago and it's been complete silence ever since. In my Tesla account, I don't see a VIN, I don't see who my delivery advisor is, I can't even specify delivery location. (I live in Fremont, CA right down the streeet from Tesla as well....)

Is this normal? I've tried calling the Tesla number several times and was never able to get through. Just been told "the delivery advisor will reach out shortly". Don't know who to trust anymore, HELP!!

Remain calm. Your 3 will come down the chimney on Christmas Eve. Elon promised :)

Seriously, all CA orders will be manufactured and delivered (or picked up locally) in December. Tesla is currently shipping all November production out East, and then to Midwest, due to the time that takes to ensure a Q4 timely delivery. They’re trying to maximize the full tax credit for all. And if you ordered white interior like me, those haven’t even gone into production yet. (I’ve been waiting almost 1,000 days since my 3/31/16 Reservation; Order placed 10/21/18, and silent as a mouse with me, too.) Black interiors are being made by Elon’s Elves first. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Alketi
I ordered my M3 with mid-range battery over 3 weeks ago and it's been complete silence ever since. In my Tesla account, I don't see a VIN, I don't see who my delivery advisor is, I can't even specify delivery location. (I live in Fremont, CA right down the streeet from Tesla as well....)

Is this normal? I've tried calling the Tesla number several times and was never able to get through. Just been told "the delivery advisor will reach out shortly". Don't know who to trust anymore, HELP!!

This sounds pretty standard. They will reach out when they want to schedule delivery. And yeah, they will probably be in a big hurry then. Such are the travails of tesla.

Wow, you are getting a nice car!

Thanks folks. Just didn't know if it's even normal to not have a VIN assigned yet and delivery advisor slotted. Been reading around in other forums some others had their delivery advisor reach out in days while I don't even know who mine is yet! :eek:

FYI, I never had info on personnel in MyTesla. They both emailed me closer to delivery and when they needed documents, etc. They should reach out when needed. I didn’t have a VIN (RN changes to ViN) until a few days before delivery.

Since they are doing east coast first, normal end of quarter, all is well.

Side note. What will this look like when we (domestic) have to fight with Europe/UK for allocation. :D

Thanks folks. Just didn't know if it's even normal to not have a VIN assigned yet and delivery advisor slotted. Been reading around in other forums some others had their delivery advisor reach out in days while I don't even know who mine is yet! :eek:
Tesla pre-built more LR 3s than they had sold as of mid-October when Elon happily surprised us with the slightly cheaper MR option (once Tesla had sold as many of the highest priced 3s as they could). So those who still ordered a RWD LR (before AWD would soon be the only LR3 option) were quickly matched up with EXISTING INVENTORY of their LR3. That’s why they had what appeared like amazingly fast and perfect Tesla customer service (itself a bit of a unicorn). All MR orders had to be manufactured without any inventory to simply match up a VIN to a new Order. But it appears Fremont is making good progress to increase 3 production lines from 4k’ish per week in Oct to Elon’s expectation of 7k/week by end of Nov. Fremont’s paint booth seemed to be a bottleneck a few months ago, so going from 7 to 5 standard color choices was a very smart decision.

They are working frantically trying to ship out by Dec 31. I was told by my owner advisor is that east coast orders are priority cause of the shipping distance, then they will deliver to west coast because the delivery can be accomplished in two days.