Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 5/13, VIN assignment and Delivery Timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, been combing through the messages here but I’m a little confused.

after my order, I received a text with a link to check my status which brought me to the app, but no info.

now I’m assuming the order of operations will be:
1. VIN assignment
2. ETA window established
3. Coordinate vehicle delivery/pickup with regional center (I’m in Nebraska, will need to go to KC)

Are these correct assumptions, or am I missing something?

My contact in KC stated best case is end of quarter delivery, but from postings I’m seeing around the interwebs, I’m not betting on it.

congratulations on your order and welcome to the waiting fun!

so you’ll get a waiting time window first (once you have completed your pre delivery checklist - drivers license info, registration info etc, how you plan to pay etc)

The VIN assignment happens closer to the time of delivery so you won’t see that until probably a week or so before your car is getting prepped for delivery.

just note that the waiting time will fluctuate ALOT. Check out any of the waiting room threads to get an idea lol.

congrats again!

I finally found the Estimated Delivery on the full website. Frankly, I’ll be amazed if they hit EOQ for mine, especially now that I’m hearing Q2 is at capacity.
Q2 demand is high, but that’s the least of Tesla’s problems right now. They can’t deliver cars due to missing firmware/sw/hw/chip. No one is sure what exactly the new Model Ys are missing, but they’re just sitting in lots waiting for that component.

Pretty bummed, got my vin number generated with delivery August 17-29. Now, got the attached message from Tesla, with a 7-9 week delivery timeline. Would have assumed that the delivery would have been sooner, being that the VIN is now generated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-072129.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-072129.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 809