Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered 8/16-- Have Some Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I ordered my SR+ White/Black/Aero M3 on 8/16. I got a 3-6 week text on 8/19, a 1-3 week text on 9/2, and nothing since. My questions are:

1. I hear people say to contact their sales advisor, yet I don't have one. How do I find my SA? The automated message says for me to text my questions to them yet no one has replied to a single text I've sent.

2. Any idea how accurate these automated messages are? According to those texts I should be at the 0-2 weeks mark at this point.

3. I'm currently at the "we are drafting your contract and will contact you to make final payment" stage on the next steps on my Tesla account. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I've tried calling my local Tesla store and they don't offer me any insight.

4. How soon, in your guys' experience, will I have to wait to pickup the M3 once it's at the center? I selected the Burbank Tesla Center if that matters.

5. In the case that I find a better finance deal than what Tesla finance offered(72/2.44%), can I still make a change?

Thanks a lot everyone.

-An Impatient Soon-to-be Tesla Owner(I hope)

1. Not everyone has a sales advisor, some people placed orders through their local Tesla showroom so the person who helped them with the order ends up being the SA or point of contact. You can just call your delivery center and ask them what the status is. If the car built or is on its way to you, they should be able to tell you when it's estimated to arrive. If it's still not built, ask for the estimated factory gate date. That's when the car is estimated to leave the factory, these dates aren't always completely accurate but should give you a better window.

2. It seems like the status update texts are pretty on point.

3. Nothing to speed up the process, the day before you go to pick it up it'll change prompting for final payment. It may change a few days before, but it depends when the delivery center marks your profile as complete.

4. I picked mine up the day after it arrived. They said they needed a little time to detail and clean the car so I couldn't pick it up the same day, but the following day was totally fine. It probably depends how busy they are but in general they seem to move fast.

5. I think so, but not 100% sure on this. The delivery center should know the answer.

1. Not everyone has a sales advisor, some people placed orders through their local Tesla showroom so the person who helped them with the order ends up being the SA or point of contact. You can just call your delivery center and ask them what the status is. If the car built or is on its way to you, they should be able to tell you when it's estimated to arrive. If it's still not built, ask for the estimated factory gate date. That's when the car is estimated to leave the factory, these dates aren't always completely accurate but should give you a better window.

2. It seems like the status update texts are pretty on point.

3. Nothing to speed up the process, the day before you go to pick it up it'll change prompting for final payment. It may change a few days before, but it depends when the delivery center marks your profile as complete.

4. I picked mine up the day after it arrived. They said they needed a little time to detail and clean the car so I couldn't pick it up the same day, but the following day was totally fine. It probably depends how busy they are but in general they seem to move fast.

5. I think so, but not 100% sure on this. The delivery center should know the answer.
Thank you for your response! I'll call the Burbank Delivery center tomorrow and see if I can get some more info. I ordered online, I guess I didn't get a SA.

Reactions: Forensic