Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a 2017 Model S 90D - shipping from SFO to NYC!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Everyone

I have been research on Model S cpo for sometime now. Finally today I found a 2017 Silver 90D/FSD/19"/Free supercharging..... Just the way I wanted. Just 2 hours later, I was contacted by a rep from NJ. I have entered some personal info and tradeins (Yes, trading in 2 cars for one) Tesla allows you to trade in two cars but apparently Tesla website allows you to enter only one. So now we are doing this manually using .docx

Minor fineprints... the car is in San Francisco and I was planning to fly over to drive it back. The rep just told me I could not do that because I have tradeins. The tradein must be at the same location as the delivery.

Here is the link to some photos : 2017 Tesla Model S 5YJSA1E26HF187599
Looks like dent free! Hope it is so....

Anyone has experience on how long it takes to ship from CA to NY?

Thanks!

Reactions: pilotSteve

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-11_15-41-47.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-11_15-41-47.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 79
Hi, Everyone

I have been research on Model S cpo for sometime now. Finally today I found a 2017 Silver 90D/FSD/19"/Free supercharging..... Just the way I wanted. Just 2 hours later, I was contacted by a rep from NJ. I have entered some personal info and tradeins (Yes, trading in 2 cars for one) Tesla allows you to trade in two cars but apparently Tesla website allows you to enter only one. So now we are doing this manually using .docx

Minor fineprints... the car is in San Francisco and I was planning to fly over to drive it back. The rep just told me I could not do that because I have tradeins. The tradein must be at the same location as the delivery.

Thanks!

Congrats. Mind sharing what you paid?

Ha.. the price I paid.. When I clicked on the buy button, it was showing as $67,400 I must have taken a minute to enter all the names and credit card info. Spent another few minutes to think and fully grasp what I am doing..."Is this the right car?" "Am I really going to trade in my new Acura MDX and a Lexus convertible for this?" "How am I going to tell my dear wife?" My finger was itching and shaking. Suddenly my index finger dropped like a hammer on the mouse button. CLICK! it is done!

Here is the best part.... the price dropped to $62,600

Things may have changed since I bought mine in Dec 2018, but you might want to double check with them about the trade-in issue. I bought my car in Colorado, but I live in Phoenix Arizona and they allowed me to turn in my trade in here in Tempe, Arizona two days before I flew up to Colorado where I picked up my used Model S from the service center in Colorado.

You’ll find that as Tesla goes through these growing pains that one person will tell you one thing and two other will tell you the opposite.

Either way, congratulations on the new purchase!

I was really hoping to take a cross country trip in this MS.
This is the exact words from a Tesla rep Lisa from NJ : "You can enter both trade-in’s. Trade-ins and delivery have to happen at the same location. CA will not work with pick-up for NY residence. You have to take delivery in NY but would require a 2k transport."

Hope my new MS will be on its way this week and pickup before the middle of June.

Things may have changed since I bought mine in Dec 2018, but you might want to double check with them about the trade-in issue. I bought my car in Colorado, but I live in Phoenix Arizona and they allowed me to turn in my trade in here in Tempe, Arizona two days before I flew up to Colorado where I picked up my used Model S from the service center in Colorado.

You’ll find that as Tesla goes through these growing pains that one person will tell you one thing and two other will tell you the opposite.

Either way, congratulations on the new purchase!

Update :

Just received my daily email update from Tesla. Basically the car is enroute to NY and expected to arrive on the 19th. It will take 2 days for the shop to get it ready for delivery.

One side note about the tradeins.... On Tesla website, it stated you can trade in max of two vehicles and apply only value of one vehicle toward the purchase. The value of the second vehicle will be written to you in a check.
But the delivery advisor just gave me the cost sheet and it has both cars' value applied to the new purchase. This is excellent.

2019-05-09 Ordered
2019-05-15 Shipped
2019-05-19 ETA?
2019-05-21 Deivery?

Exact words from Tesla :
"Currently, your Model S is in southern California in route to Manhasset. I will provide you with location updates every couple days. The ETA for arrival is the 19th but I will let you know as soon as it arrives at the delivery center so we can get you on the schedule. The delivery center will need 48 hours in advance to send your Model S through final inspection and have the title sent for registration at your delivery appointment. "

Nice! I ordered May 6 and picking up in Mt Kisco. They estimated may 18 as the latest date it’ll be available. So I booked a flight for the 21! But they don’t recommend it until they confirm which they haven’t yet

Hi, Everyone

Thanks!

Nice config! How much did you pay?