TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ordered a 70D in Canada!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by MBE, Apr 21, 2015.

1. MBE

MBE Member

Hello one and all,

On April, the stars were finally aligned for me to act on a half-decade-long dream of ordering a Tesla. It'll be a 70D - the value of this new model (and the utility of AWD in these Canadian winters) helped make the decision easy.

I have until April 25 to finalize options, but currently:

Black
    Tan next-generation seats
    Upgtaded audio system
    Active air suspension
    Col Weather Package

Im debating autopilot. It looks cool and has great features for the price, but I'm a "car guy" and most of the fun for me is in driving the thing - I don't like the idea of handing over to the lane keeping or traffic aware cruise control.

I've currently got an estimated delivery of June to the Montreal store. I am beyond excited.

2. Ames

Ames Member

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. This thread discusses the merits of having or not having the autopilot.

3. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

You can always add autopilot later. Might as well save the money now and add it later when they finish the software and you can do cool things like summon your car in a parking lot etc.

4. Buzzz

Buzzz Member

Congrats,

My order finalize today, and like you, I'll take delivery at the Montreal Store in June. Our cars will probably be on the same truck.

I don't see the need for Autopilot, except for the cool factor. I don't even use the cruise control. Maybe I'll change my mind, cool thing is that you can always add it later.

I changed my order a few times in the last week. My original order had a lot less options.

70D
    Deep Blue Metallic Paint
    Panoramic Roof
    Tan Next Gen Seats
    Obeche Wood Gloss Decor
    Black Alcantara Headliner
    Premium Interior and Lighting
    Subzero Weather Package

5. MBE

MBE Member

Buzzz,

that's going to be a great car! Dark blue is my close #2 behind black. I once had a very bad experience with a blue car - my only reason for picking black was so that I wouldn't have any reminders of that POS ;).

I really like your choice of the obeche. If I went with blue, that would be my exact choice too. I stuck with piano black because it links the interior with the exterior - both glossy black.

I'm still debating the pano roof. I have found that I usually don't end up using sunroofs so they're just "one more thing that can go wrong" but the model S roof looks extremely well designed.

where will you be driving? I chose the air suspension because of the extra snow clearance. I'll be driving in western Qc/Eastern Ontario a lot and the snow clearance can sometimes be an issue.

6. Buzzz

Buzzz Member

I love the black too, when it is clean and well maintained it is the best color.

Even if you don't use the pano roof, I like the fact that it brings a lot of light in the car.

I drive in Montreal's West Island and to Tremblant every weekend in ski season. With AWD and good winter tires I don't think snow will be an issue in my case.

7. ny888

ny888 Member

Congratulations to both of you. Ordered my 70D as well, can't wait to take delivery at the Fremont factory.