TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ordered a 70D!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by alexhoff, Jun 16, 2015.

1. alexhoff

alexhoff New Member

Well after much debate and looking through Canadian CPO sites, I pulled the trigger on a new 70D. White, Rear Seats, Grey Leather & Sunroof. Pretty basic. Says an August delivery. Any gut feeling on whether that's early or late August? Two days ago it was a late July delivery. I am in Canada FWIW.

I did notice one error on the website. Price is X and includes Alcantara. BUT, if you select a colour of Alcantara the price jumps up... what gives? I've got to call them today and figure that out.

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

The black alcantara requires the premium interior package, hence the price increase when selecting it.

3. alexhoff

alexhoff New Member

Oh you are right - thanks for clarifying that. Hopefully grey leather + the beige Alcantara looks good :)

4. EugeneM

EugeneM Member

Want it earlier? Call your DS and complain :). I had the delivery date change on me. Called, and voila, my MS is already in production so I expect to get it this month.

5. bjwModelS

bjwModelS Member

Let's not encourage entitlement here. If it says August, plan on August. If you want a car sooner, buy a CPO. If it's July 30th and you don't have your car, remember what you signed up for.

6. smilepak

smilepak Member

Seem to be a spike on Tesla order. If it say Aug, that is 6 weeks from the current 4 weeks average.

7. EugeneM

EugeneM Member

Entitlement? Nothing like that here. In my case I requested a specific delivery date which they changed (delayed). Sounds like they changed the date here as well. Nothing wrong with complaining when they are in the wrong.

8. bjwModelS

bjwModelS Member

I read it as the OP waited a few days to pull the trigger, and July became August on the website in those days. It went from June to Late June while I waited a week in April, so now I wait... until Late June.