Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a Lease - Want to change to Cash - will my delivery date get pushed back?

Tezla1

Nov 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
Placed order 7/30 for Model 3 - payment: Lease.

Current Delivery Estimate: 9/12-9/30.

Today, I decided I want to finance the car instead of leasing it (I'll get loan from my credit union @ 1.99%)

so, I should ask my Tesla SA to change my payment method to CASH?

IF I make this change now - will my delivery date get pushed further back?

pipp

Aug 1, 2021
Los Angeles
I switched from lease to loan a few weeks ago (a couple weeks after I ordered), and there wasn’t any change in my edd. My edd hasn’t had any of the volatility that many people seem to be experiencing — don’t know if that is a good thing or a bad thing…

The SA did warn me that I needed to get the loan approved pronto and completed because any delay might actually trigger a change in edd, but since you are switching to cash that shouldn’t be an issue.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC