Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a Model 3 by accident...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a day one reservation holder but ended up getting a Model S in 2017. I held on to the Model 3 reservation anyways just in case. Like many people I was checking out the specs on the configurator this morning as I was curious to see the monthly payment on a bare bones black SR. Unfortunately my credit card info was already pre loaded on the page from when I ordered my Model S and by pure coincidence I happen to left click the mouse on the order button as I moved it to the side of my desk. My wife didn't really believe me that I ordered it by "accident" and thinks its for her since her birthday is coming up!!! Now what do I do???

I think that was their plan all along, luckily I ordered the cheapest model so it's only a 35k error for me.. :p
I called them right away, I bet too many have done the same thing since there's no confirmation "are you sure" and boom!
Already a day later the Delivery Center has contacted me for getting ready for delivery.
Wow who would've have thought 3 years later you get a Model 3 by mistake too soon :p

Reactions: Dre78 and agloutney
This happened to me once while showing a co worker the configuration and prices. I was logged into my account which had my credit info saved for supercharging.

Got to the end where it showed the final price and it seemed to auto click the confirm purchase button. Swear my mouse wasn't even near the button. Either way I called them immediately and they were able to cancel the order. Was told the usual it would take 30 or whatever days to get my order payment refunded. However they had it back to me within 48 hours.

However in your case if your wife wants it why not keep it?

There's no out so I'm thinking at this point my best and least expensive option is to just get the car. o_O
sounds like you can afford it.. so just go with the flow and gift it to your wife! happy wife happy life.

on the other hand if you wanted to cancel just call tesla. it wouldn't be an issue. you'll just have to wait for the refund check in the mail (usually a month or so). I'm speaking from experience.

I'm a day one reservation holder but ended up getting a Model S in 2017. I held on to the Model 3 reservation anyways just in case. Like many people I was checking out the specs on the configurator this morning as I was curious to see the monthly payment on a bare bones black SR. Unfortunately my credit card info was already pre loaded on the page from when I ordered my Model S and by pure coincidence I happen to left click the mouse on the order button as I moved it to the side of my desk. My wife didn't really believe me that I ordered it by "accident" and thinks its for her since her birthday is coming up!!! Now what do I do???
Same thing happened to me. I called Tesla and asked them to undo the order and put it back to reservation state. They undid the order, but I never got my day 1 line waiter reservation back. It just disappeared, and they claimed to be unable to reinstate it. Oh, well.