Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy to say I am part of the Tesla family now! This will make me the second in my family to own an electric vehicle. (sister has a '17 MS 75D) Yesterday I ordered a M3 long-range premium white/white premium. I look forward to delivery day and years of Tesla enjoyment.

I am a long-time car enthusiast and builder that has built and owned a vast array of vehicles over the last 22 years from Audi S4, 3 MKIV Toyota Supras, Porsches, R35 Nissan GT-R, 63 Chevy Bel-Air, 67 Mercury, etc...

The M3 will be the daily driver with my "standard" which is full window tint and PPF. The other vehicle weekend warrior is a high factory spec 2011 Porsche Panamera Turbo, also white. I look forward to being part of TMC.

Congrats and nice choice with the White/White option. I've been reading the TMC forums along with watching videos the past several months and I'm really close to configuring my M3 and joining the Tesla family. I am still tossing back and forth with the White exterior/Black interior and the White exterior/White interior. Once I get past this hurdle I think I will be in the ordering line. One of the things holding me back is some of the talk on the TMC forum about the White/White taking a long time from ordering to delivery. Decisions...decisions.

Guys, the painters tape is my form of paint protection for brand new paint that protects against road debris and chips until my PPF gets installed. This stuff is cheap and is a great temporary solution that has saved my vehicles paint/headlights/rockers when they driven long distances. Even held up well with a HUGE downpour on the 100+ mile drive home post-delivery. If it peels up I have extra rolls for touch-ups.

Tint install this Saturday and PPF shortly after.

Reactions: Mongenel and Phlier
Guys, the painters tape is my form of paint protection for brand new paint that protects against road debris and chips until my PPF gets installed. This stuff is cheap and is a great temporary solution that has saved my vehicles paint/headlights/rockers when they driven long distances. Even held up well with a HUGE downpour on the 100+ mile drive home post-delivery. If it peels up I have extra rolls for touch-ups.

The guys that do the PPF touch up your paint first, I was told by the shop near my that you're getting a better deal if you take it in after you've had the car for a bit because you pay the same but they fix up the paint.

The guys that do the PPF touch up your paint first, I was told by the shop near my that you're getting a better deal if you take it in after you've had the car for a bit because you pay the same but they fix up the paint.
Touch up chips/damage? You will see those and any damage underneath the film. My guys will do paint CORRECTION before applying film which is correcting any flaws/swirl marks/etc in the paint.

Ever installer is different.

I’m sure you must have had a few people staring as you were driving a car covered in painters tape.

That doesn't make any sense. They can't really "fix" damage to the paint, they actually just buff it down. PPF as early as possible is ideal.

Reactions: XLR82XS