Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a new X last week, found 2 identical ones today for 2.7k cheaper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I ordered a new inventory X last week, found 2 identical ones today for 2.7k cheaper but in a different region. Both are in the South East, and I need the car delivered to NJ. All 3 are brand now (sub 50 miles) I asked OA to:
1) Match the price - He said no.
2) Ship it to NJ and pay the 1k fee if it's 1 region away or 2k if it's 2 regions away and he said no.

At this point I don't want to pay 2.7k more for a car when I see the exact cheaper one.
Any other suggestions? Should I try reaching out to another OA?

Hi
I ordered a new inventory X last week, found 2 identical ones today for 2.7k cheaper but in a different region. Both are in the South East, and I need the car delivered to NJ. All 3 are brand now (sub 50 miles) I asked OA to:
1) Match the price - He said no.
2) Ship it to NJ and pay the 1k fee if it's 1 region away or 2k if it's 2 regions away and he said no.

At this point I don't want to pay 2.7k more for a car when I see the exact cheaper one.
Any other suggestions? Should I try reaching out to another OA?

I doubt it. If it has been more than 3 days, there is not much you can do. I suppose you could walk away entirely, but you forfeit everything you have paid. Time to move on and enjoy your new car.

It's about a 12 hour drive from NJ to the South East, so you could always fly down there and drive it back to New Jersey. It'd be a a two day excursion but might be worth it for $2700.

In my experience Tesla has been happy to switch custom orders to inventory ones - they just transfer your deposit and cancel your custom order. It would be worthwhile to ask if that's possible here.

I doubt it. If it has been more than 3 days, there is not much you can do. I suppose you could walk away entirely, but you forfeit everything you have paid. Time to move on and enjoy your new car.

The car I ordered was an inventory one so he said if I could find another local car I can switch or changed my mind I can switch. This was not a custom built.

It's about a 12 hour drive from NJ to the South East, so you could always fly down there and drive it back to New Jersey. It'd be a a two day excursion but might be worth it for $2700.

In my experience Tesla has been happy to switch custom orders to inventory ones - they just transfer your deposit and cancel your custom order. It would be worthwhile to ask if that's possible here.

The problem is I have to register in NJ to save on the sales tax so I must take delivery in NJ. It was originally a local inventory car that they said I was free to change to any other local inventory car.

The problem is I have to register in NJ to save on the sales tax so I must take delivery in NJ. It was originally a local inventory car that they said I was free to change to any other local inventory car.

Anyone who has bought a Tesla inventory ,cpo or new has dealt with some price change etc ..it’s part of owning a Tesla ..for a diff of 2.7k that is not bad considering other drops or “free” adds of features Tesla has changed over the year ..you signed your contract either go thru with it or refuse delivery ..Tesla won’t eat the ship charge nor will they change the price for you ..

Anyone who has bought a Tesla inventory ,cpo or new has dealt with some price change etc ..it’s part of owning a Tesla ..for a diff of 2.7k that is not bad considering other drops or “free” adds of features Tesla has changed over the year ..you signed your contract either go thru with it or refuse delivery ..Tesla won’t eat the ship charge nor will they change the price for you ..

As I said in my original post I was willing to pay the 1k fee to ship. This is my 2nd tesla so I'm well aware of them raising and lowering prices. I only put down the 5k deposit, I haven't signed anything. I gave them my CC over the phone, and they clearly said I can change to another local car.

As I said in my original post I was willing to pay the 1k fee to ship. This is my 2nd tesla so I'm well aware of them raising and lowering prices. I only put down the 5k deposit, I haven't signed anything. I gave them my CC over the phone, and they clearly said I can change to another local car.

Than Have them transfer funds to other car if u haven’t signed any mvpa I don’t see this as unreasonable ..as a matter of fact I did same thing beginning of this year when I bought my XP100 ...;)

Than Have them transfer funds to other car if u haven’t signed any mvpa I don’t see this as unreasonable ..as a matter of fact I did same thing beginning of this year when I bought my XP100 ...;)

That's the thing. They are refusing to ship or transfer bc they know they can't close the sale by 9/30 hence I was asking them to just match the price and make everyone happy. If they don't budge, I'll just take delivery 10/1 since originally I was going to to book a last minute $$ plane ticket next week to help them out w/ their numbers.