Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a Plaid, delivery date has changed to a much sooner date...

ArabianOak

May 1, 2021
Saint Charles IL
Hi Gang,

I ordered a plaid a few weeks ago. Initially it said an estimate delivery time was August-Sept but today I checked on my tesla account and it says est del of June 1-30th now...i'm not upset but just curious how accurate this is and why this has changed. The car doesn't even have a VIN yet, so this seems a little optimistic.

From all my research I thought it would be delayed even further, not come sooner. Here are the specs of what I ordered...

Your Model S build details​

• Model S Plaid
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 19" Tempest Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

doubleshot

'21 Model S LR | MSM/White,21",FSD | RN1146 Blank
Mar 8, 2021
Marietta, GA
Have a gander here:

Reactions: ArabianOak

EdCBC

Nov 1, 2018
Vancouver, BC Pacific time
It will be great to see the Model S Plaid on the road. I have seen quite a few Taycans on Vancouver streets in recent months.
Seems like Tesla has given Porsche the market for luxury sedans.
I like the Taycan look, much better than the Panamera.

1020hp

Apr 4, 2021
Texas
I should have kept my plaid order and not changed to LR. I would have gotten my car in June.
I do have a order for Plaid + hopefully they can sort their *sugar* and deliver plaid+ earlier than expected. I would rather get plaid + than plaid anytime.

mmanner

Feb 28, 2017
Nashville
Hi, I think that change to August from June relates to the carbon fiber. Apparently, if you choose white seats, or any seats with carbon not wood, the June date doesn't apply and they put an August date in.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC