TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ordered a S75 but I got a S70!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Jason Shelton, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Jason Shelton

Jason Shelton Member

I ordered my S75 and received Delievery of the best car ever. But my badge and car say "70". I asked about it and they said yes we know about the problem and it will be fixed with a OTA update. But we don't know when it'll be available. I've heard some people saying that they already received the OTA update... Does anyone know if it'll be like 24 hours? Or 3 weeks until I get my extra range? Thanks!!

2. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Is it actually an S75 or an S70?

• Dislike x 1
  3. rcsting

rcsting Member

Jason

That also happened to me this week on Fremont delivery. I had emailed my DS and Owner Advisor about the issue before delivery and was told it would be updated. When we arrived in Fremont we saw that the dash showed it as a 70D and the window sticker and badging also showed 70D.

They corrected the paperwork for signing and listed the 75 upgrade on a due bill. When we arrived home it was already updated as the dash now showed it as a 75D. My SC doesn't have the badging so it's on order.

They mailed me the correct moroney ( window sticker ). It seems like they're not quite up to speed on the 75 upgrade. Hopefully yours is a 75 by now.

• Helpful x 2
    • Love x 1
  4. Jason Shelton

Jason Shelton Member

Thank you. You are really helpful! I hope it's changed to a 75 by now. My car is currently charging so I'll check it out when I leave. Did they tell you how long the decals take? Thanks again!

5. Jason Shelton

Jason Shelton Member

Also... Did it notify that it was downloading the update? Or did it just start?

6. rcsting

rcsting Member

#6 rcsting, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    It must have updated during our drive home with no notification that it was updating. When I went out to my garage 15 minutes after returning home my dash was showing 75D.

No word on how long the new badging will take, hopefully soon.

7. tliving

tliving Member

Make sure the titles reflect 75D vs 70D. May make a difference someday and better to sort out now rather than later.

8. Jason Shelton

Jason Shelton Member

Thank you. I'm going to ask them this.