Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered before change - not yet in production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered a MX back in March with an initial delivery date of May, which was pushed back to June. I've been keeping an eye on the status and the car hasn't been taken into production and is just showing as 'planned'. With today's news about the changes, I've tried to find out what will happen to cars currently in production. The Tesla news report said:

These changes will go into production at our factory in Fremont, California this week, and can be ordered today at Tesla.com.

Now, what will happen to my car? Several features I've selected on my car aren't available anymore (e.g. the seats and rims) so I've called a Tesla DS and they honestly didn't know (great guy though! Can imagine they have some bad days occasionally with angry people... Don't envy them!). They offered to cancel my current order and place a new one to ensure I get the latest improvements, but to get the same specs, it would be 10% more expensive (I ordered when ludicrous came as standard with performance). On the other hand I can't imagine them using their production facility to produce 'old' cars alongside new ones for a while.
Before I cancel anything I just wanted to make sure that the improvements aren't implemented on my current order automatically (but then, what will happen to the options currently unavailable?) as - improvements aside - it would be more expensive to re-order. I can imagine there's a lot of people whose cars have already been built but not yet delivered or currently in transit where it's even more frustrating, but mine has been ordered, but not even taken into production.

Reactions: davezforce
I've ordered my MX on March 20th and it's on production now. Of Course there's a price drop and performance (range) increase on my Long Range model. I'm also expecting a response from my Advisor regarding this change, particularly on the range (perhaps the change in type of motor to permanent magnet type?).

Ordered in March and expected delivery in May, but it's still being scheduled for production.
I tried looking up the option codes and it shows DU01 which is an old type motor. But not sure these would change when it's into production.

I ordered 4/20 and was told if I wanted the updated 325 mile range I would have to have them cancel my order and transfer my deposit to a new order. Since my car was definitely not in production yet I am rather skeptical that they are still even making the old versions. I decided to just place a second order and if they actually confirm with a VIN and build date that my first order is the old version I'll just cancel that one. But I don't want to just wait and have to order a new one at that time. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I've been back and forth with Tesla again and unfortunately not much info yet. The DS has indicated that it's very likely that they will produce 'old' cars and offer FSD for free as a compensation to avoid cancellations, based on a memo they had received.

However, I've filled out the spec URL on https://www.ev-cpo.com/hunter/?lookup back a few weeks ago and it showed:
DU01 Drive Unit - Infineon
SU01 Smart Air Suspension

Yesterday the info above was still showing, however since today it shows (when I copy/paste the spec URL):
DU03 Drive Unit - PMSRM
SU03 Adaptive Suspension

What do you guys think?

MX Long rage
Ordered 4/20 ,
Confirmed 4/23
Today date (4/26): NO VIN assigned...
The message updated today...

Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.

The DS has indicated that you will get new version only(3/25). Don't know how it will work ?
What do you guys think...any update?

Yesterday the info above was still showing, however since today it shows (when I copy/paste the spec URL):
DU03 Drive Unit - PMSRM
SU03 Adaptive Suspension

I added those new codes based on some preliminary information from newly built EU cars and option code history. Please don’t rely on them as gospel— only Tesla can tell you for certain what your car has.

Bonjour pour moi

Attachments

• 5BCA951C-014C-4D85-8902-0F0DE84C3789.jpeg
    5BCA951C-014C-4D85-8902-0F0DE84C3789.jpeg
    930 KB · Views: 114
[QUOTE = "EV-CPO, post: 3606788, member: 70235"] J'ai ajouté ces nouveaux codes sur la base d'informations préliminaires issues de voitures nouvellement construites dans l'UE et de l'historique des codes d'option. S'il vous plaît, ne vous fiez pas à eux pour l'évangile - seule Tesla peut vous dire avec certitude ce que votre voiture a. [/ QUOTE]

Its new

I ordered in March, went into production early April, before the announced upgrades, but the car is still showing as "in production" and the options codes have all been upgraded to the newer drive train, suspension and auto-pilot HW3.0. It's also showing CH09 which is being speculated to be a CCS charger port for european models. Looks like I'm getting all the new upgrades but at the original price (which was when they significantly cut the prices before increasing them slightly). I'm really pleased with all that.

I revised my order for MX on Mar 22nd, got VIN assigned on Apr 03, 'in production' message came out on Apr 16th. My DS says it's going to be an older version. I'm unable to get the option codes to verify the drive train (motors) and the air suspension. Whether the March 25 cut off is for the confirmed order or VIN# allocation date?

MX Long rage
Ordered 4/20 ,
Confirmed 4/23
Today date (4/26): NO VIN assigned...
The message updated today...

Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory.

The DS has indicated that you will get new version only(3/25). Don't know how it will work ?
What do you guys think...any update?

Yesterday I met with Store Manager in my local area store and he has told me that my order spec is old and will get the older model(not the refreshed new one). He has showed me that there is an internal process/memo to cancel the old version order and switch the deposit to the newer version model order and free of cost (no cancellation fees). This is really good.

For this I spoke with support team earlier ( a day before -head quarters) doesn’t aware of this and also sales team. They said that you will get an upgraded model. But it’s not going to happen actually. (may be your price will go up little bit based long range -$500 in my case)

The new order need to be submitted to get the newer version model.
I heard that they are still running parallel production of older version model orders! It’s a surprise.(I believe that may be older parts still having some stock - it makes sense ).

I want to make sure that to get the newer refreshed version model and don’t want any last minute surprises. Now my New Order confirmed. I hope this helps to decide
And make sure that your order is newer refreshed version)

I've ordered my MX on March 20th and it's on production now. Of Course there's a price drop and performance (range) increase on my Long Range model. I'm also expecting a response from my Advisor regarding this change, particularly on the range (perhaps the change in type of motor to permanent magnet type?).
I confirmed through tesla.whaleface.com that my model ordered on March 20th (revised on Mar 22nd) does not include new motors, lubrication, cooling, bearings, tire/ wheel and gear design. So, I've cancelled it and ordered a new one on Apr 25th. But this does not have that 'View Spec' document yet.

UNE
[QUOTE = "srijey, post: 3610307, membre: 89628"] J'ai confirmé par l'intermédiaire de tesla.whaleface.com que mon modèle commandé le 20 mars (révisé le 22 mars) n'inclut pas les nouveaux moteurs, la lubrification, le refroidissement, les roulements, les pneus / conception des roues et des engrenages. Donc, je l'ai annulé et en ai commandé un nouveau le 25 avril. Mais cela n'a pas encore ce document 'View Spec'. [/ QUOTE]

Avoir votre old spec url?

[QUOTE = "srijey, post: 3608753, membre: 89628"] J'ai révisé ma commande pour MX le 22 mars, le VIN a été attribué le 03 avril, le message "en production" a été publié le 16 avril. Ma DS dit que ce sera une version plus ancienne. Je ne parviens pas à obtenir les codes d'option permettant de vérifier le groupe motopropulseur (moteurs) et la suspension pneumatique. Si la date limite du 25 mars concerne la commande confirmée ou la date d'attribution du numéro de VIN? [/ QUOTE]
Can you share your specs url?

I confirmed through tesla.whaleface.com that my model ordered on March 20th (revised on Mar 22nd) does not include new motors, lubrication, cooling, bearings, tire/ wheel and gear design. So, I've cancelled it and ordered a new one on Apr 25th. But this does not have that 'View Spec' document yet.
Just to be sure, did your view spec URL (teslaaccount/pdf/view-design-pdf?model=mx&options= etc.) have DU01 and SU01 still in there on April 25th? Mine had that as well on Thursday, but from Friday on it was showing DU03 and SU03.
Whether or not the view spec URL is actually an accurate representation of what you will get is a whole different matter, I suppose.

[QUOTE = "HankLloydRight, post: 3610796, member: 20679"] MI03 n'est pas un code unité moteur / moteur. [/ QUOTE]
THANKS for you answer.
Tesla France envoyez me an email confimed the new ref but its manuel e-mail i dont believe its good.
Il thnk your car is not in product so you have the new motor...