Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered FSD / no in car confirmation received

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed my order for FSD @ $2k from my Tesla account page (2018 X with EAP). Got the email confirmation yesterday saying download would take up to 1 hour to start OTA and I would see a confirmation on the Tesla touchscreen.

A day later and so far nothing - car has been at home on WiFi.

Anyone ordered FSD and seen this confirmation appear?

For my wife's X, within a couple of hours I got an email confirming the purchase, and a document in my online account confirming it, and an in-car notification.

For my 3...well, in my online Tesla account the car description says it has FSD. But no email, document, or in-car notification yet. I placed that order on the 12th.

I already have EAP so there are no released FSD features that I can't access, so no big deal yet..I am willing to wait to see how things sort out.

Activate what? Anyone who had Enhanced AP before will get no new features as of now buying FSD. Just something down the road.

New buyers get some stuff, but existing EAP owners will see no change for awhile.

I bought it (yes, sadly) because it was only $2k, I know there won't be anything FSD-wise for another year or so.

Activate what? Anyone who had Enhanced AP before will get no new features as of now buying FSD. Just something down the road.

New buyers get some stuff, but existing EAP owners will see no change for awhile.

I bought it (yes, sadly) because it was only $2k, I know there won't be anything FSD-wise for another year or so.
The email doesn’t say anything about activation - and yes I agree there are no new features as of today. What it does say is that there will be a confirmation of FSD order on the touchscreen - that is what I was querying, has anyone seen this confirmation.

The email doesn’t say anything about activation - and yes I agree there are no new features as of today. What it does say is that there will be a confirmation of FSD order on the touchscreen - that is what I was querying, has anyone seen this confirmation.
My email said the same, I guess I didn't really pay attention driving after I bought it, knowing it wasn't really doing anything until a future software update... I don't expect any payoff from buying it really for about a year.

/edit. Then again, that's what people who bought FSD in late 2016 thought too... and well, we all know how that's paid off for them...

Reactions: ek993
Placed my order for FSD @ $2k from my Tesla account page (2018 X with EAP). Got the email confirmation yesterday saying download would take up to 1 hour to start OTA and I would see a confirmation on the Tesla touchscreen.
A day later and so far nothing - car has been at home on WiFi.
Anyone ordered FSD and seen this confirmation appear?

Don’t hold your breath. I paid $4k last October. Never heard anything, other than the receipt via email.

Bought it online yesterday, left the car for about 5 minutes and when I got back I had this message on the screen of our Model X.

9BD79ACD-226D-4AB9-8F7D-C30BF6819DF3.jpeg

Bought it online yesterday, left the car for about 5 minutes and when I got back I had this message on the screen of our Model X.
Thanks - ah well I’m not going to stress too much as there aren’t any new features that are waiting to be unlocked.

Also been stuck on software release 2018.49.20 since January. Since taking delivery in August I was getting software updates every 3 / 4 weeks but seem to be stalled for 2 months at the moment. Not sure if that’s connected, will try a reboot.