TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ordered Grey/Grey, any pics of this combo?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by eclipsis, Jul 25, 2014.

1. eclipsis

eclipsis Member

Hi all, new to the forum and just ordered a Grey on Grey 85kW. I did a search and couldn't find any pictures of this combo and was hoping someone could provide some.

Also have my new plate ready to go:

Attached Files:

2. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Excellent choice - but you are probably getting the new Steel Grey and I don't think any of those have been delivered yet, so it may be hard to find pictures.

3. eclipsis

eclipsis Member

Thanks Mike, and you're right, we're getting Steel Grey. But pictures of Dolphin Grey on Grey would be nice to see as well.

4. Madartist

Madartist Member

Nice plate!

5. Kalud

Kalud Member

Not mine, collected them while selecting my own combo. Wife finally used a veto to return to black interior (3 kids)...

carbon 4.jpg carbon.jpg dash.jpg door.jpg gray on gray.jpg side 2.jpg side gray on gray.jpg

6. lloyds

lloyds Member

What is the quoted time frame now from Tesla?

7. Kalud

Kalud Member

October for P85, late-October for S85 & 60 (maybe a bit more for 60)

8. eclipsis

eclipsis Member

Thank you for the pics Kalud. The one thing I wish they would change on the interior is the beige headliner. At least make it black so it works with any color interior. Beige doesn't always work, especially with grey..

9. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I'm not a giant fan of the dash, but that grey/black door trim looks fantastic. Looks like a pretty good combo, overall.

10. 3pod

3pod Member

Hey, that looks like my car! If it wasn't for the alcantera headliner, I'd be checking my phone app to make sure my car was still parked in the office lot! :smile:

I might be biased but I really like the combo. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the look of the car. My last car was red so with this car, I really wanted a subdued but classy look. I didn't want black because I've owned black in the past and just hated the fact that it would look dirty right after you left the car wash.

I tell all my female friends that this is the real "50 shades of grey".

11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I have a grey interior in my silver S85 and my wife (who has an acute color sense) thinks the beige headliner looks great with the grey.

A black headliner would make the interior feel smaller.

12. danp

danp Member

This is the old grey (with grey interior), but as you probably know they just changed the grey to somewhat darker "steel grey". But regardless, the grey/grey combo looks surprisingly good. I had a grey/grey for a test drive a month ago, and liked it so much I changed by blue/grey on order to grey/grey.

Model S Photo Gallery - Page 28