TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ordered Inventory 85D Yesterday

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by nh-srt8, Apr 26, 2015.

1. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

Following my test drive yesterday at the Scottsdale gallery I ordered the demo vehicle I drove. It had all the options I wanted, may some I couldn't make up my mind on such as the 21" wheels but they looked so good and drove well. They said it takes approximately 2 weeks for delivery. Planning now our first long distance trip from here to Syracuse, NY to take my daughter and stuff to school early June. That will be an adventure.

2. pmoa

pmoa Member

As a proud Cuse alumn. That trip will be awesome.

3. ModelX

ModelX Member

Congrats!

4. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Congrats. Watch those 21" wheels and tires. They are expensive to replace and damage easily. If they would let you swap to 19s and get a credit I would do it. YMMV.

I drive more now with the tesla then I ever did before. I now drive every year from DC to northern Wisconsin and back, this year via New Hampshire so I'll be going right through Syracuse. Road trips in a tesla with the superchargers are a lot of fun.

5. taurusking

taurusking Member

Congrats nh-srt8

I think Tesla (IMHO) stopped doing swapping of the wheels and giving a credit but you certainly can keep 21 wheels and have 19 wheels installed

6. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

Yes that appears to be correct. My discussion with them is that they no longer will swap wheels anymore. They said that they used to but that no longer is an option. This was the one area that may me think long over whether to buy this but in the end I'm happy with the decision but will be careful. I can always switch to aftermarket wheels later if it becomes a problem.

7. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

What kind of discount's available on inventory 85D's?

8. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

It would be useful if you share with us what features you got in your inventory 85D and what you paid...

9. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

Traveling today so apologies for delayed response. February built vehicle 85D, Black, Grey leather, Pano, Carbon Fiber, 21", Black Headliner, Dual Chargers, Premium Interior, Smart Air, Tech Package., with autopilot $92,027.

No next gen seats, the side bolsters are just too tight for me. I'm not exactly small :biggrin: and I found them uncomfortable plus it makes it easier to get my fat head out of the door while exiting rather than scrubbing over the bolsters.

10. clarkbariowa

clarkbariowa Member

Cool, I have you priced out at $100k without the dual chargers. Not sure where that option went... lets add $2000 for it as an estimate. $102K spec out. So that's a 10% discount and you get the tax credit still. Pretty good deal!

11. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

$2k is a great estimate. Tesla made a change a few weeks ago - it used to be a $1500 option at build or $3600 at a service center later. Now it's a $2k service center option only, can't be selected on initial build (presumably to simplify the production line.)
    Walter

12. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

So I thought I provide an update of events should anyone be interested in the inventory purchase option. I'm leasing so I'll include those steps also and hope this is useful:

4/25 Test drive and placed inventory car order
    4/25 Submitted lease application - simple 5 questions form
    4/27 Lease application approved and selected mileage band
    4/29 DS contact made
    4/30 DS confirmed delivery date options
    5/1 Electrical survey and installation estimate.
    5/1 Purchased HPWC directly from service center

Future events
    5/6 Installation of HPWC
    5/7 Delivery

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Wow, that's moving right along. I submitted my app to Tesla financing on Friday 4/24 and on Friday 5/1, I still haven't heard from them.

14. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

That seems too long. I know the confirmation email said that a decision is normally provided same day but it could take longer. I'd probably call them to see. The only time I had to nudge them was to get the DS engaged.

15. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

You got a confirmation email? I got an order confirmation email, but not a Tesla financing one. But two Owner Advisors and my DS have said they see the app was submitted, so I should "hear soon".

16. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

Yes I got a confirmation email from Tesla Financing with the following:

Tesla Leasing
    We've received your application
    Most applications are processed the same day depending on when it was submitted, but give us a few days before reaching out. If you have questions, call us at (877)778-3752 or email [email protected]

17. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Do the service centers typically have the HPWC on hand? I am not taking delivery for 6 months but want to be sure and get the electrical all set prior.

18. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

My DS called my service center to make sure that they had plenty of stock, which they did so I didn't place the order through the online store. The DS also told me that they ship the HPWC on Tuesday's and Friday's if you order through the online order. That gives plenty of options for determining when you need to get one.

19. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

HPWC installed today on 100amp circuit, added to my insurance policy, ready now for delivery tomorrow. Can't wait.

20. ahurst

ahurst Member

You know you have Teslamania when you get excited for someone other than yourself whose awaiting delivery.

Can you let us know the mileage of the car?