Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Midnight Silver Metallic paint for Model Y in July when this color was not standard. Now it is a standard color will I still get charged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes.

Maybe you dont realize it, but "its now included" but the price of the car is 1k more, so its the EXACT same as what you are currently reserved at.
I think the OP is looking to mix and match as ordered base price and latest add on price for MSM. Seems worth a try. Point SA to the +1,000 for MSM and to the latest configurator and ask them to remove the +1,000 keeping everything else the same. Of course, if it works Tesla will be flooded with requests from every open MSM orderer.

Upvote 0
That doesnt happen with ANY manufacturer (Tesla or otherwise). You get whatever is in effect, in totality, so if they want "free" Color, they will get the new vehicle price.
Comparison with ANY manufacturer is not that relevant. How many other manufacturers let you order and put the order on hold keeping the price? Come think of it, how many manufacturers give you the MSRP from order date if the MSRP when delivered is different?

Reactions: voxel
Upvote 0
Comparison with ANY manufacturer is not that relevant. How many other manufacturers let you order and put the order on hold keeping the price? Come think of it, how many manufacturers give you the MSRP from order date if the MSRP when delivered is different?

There is absolutely ZERO chance that Tesla will let someone "keep the old price" yet get the color for free. It is not happening, it doesnt work that way was my point.

As for your Question, I have ordered several BMWs in my past, locked in pricing (and financing interest rates) even though both went up for up to 4 months after my order.

No one is going to give someone "the locked price from before" along with "the free thing happening right now". If someone wants the free color, they will pay the price of the vehicle NOW with that free color, not what they locked in. In fact, any change at all to a locked in order will likely trigger "the new price right now", including color, wheels, etc.

Reactions: cgell
Upvote 0