Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model 3 For December Hoping its a 2021 Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Month (August) I placed a deposit for a Model 3 SR + at my local dealership. My salesman explained that I could place the order now and he would have his manager put notes in the system to build the vehicle after October (because October is for overseas builds month) The salesman explained that October usually begins the start of the next years model however he couldn't offer any information on any changes. He said the vehicle could arrive around November or December.

Anyone on the thread have any experiences with doing something similar. I have a RN number on my screen and a welcome to the Tesla Family page on the phone APP, but aside from that I know nothing else! lol

Thanks

I hope it works out for you. I will say that I tried something similar and it did not work out. I paid my $100 “order” fee on 12 June with the request to take delivery at the end of July. At present in he only communication I have received was on 10 August saying delivery expected in 3-6 weeks. I am telling you this not to bad mouth Tesla or it’s employee’s (my SA has been exceptionally awesome and we communicate regularly). I’m just saying that I hope it works out and that Tesla seems to do things differently.

I hope it works out for you. I will say that I tried something similar and it did not work out. I paid my $100 “order” fee on 12 June with the request to take delivery at the end of July. At present in he only communication I have received was on 10 August saying delivery expected in 3-6 weeks. I am telling you this not to bad mouth Tesla or it’s employee’s (my SA has been exceptionally awesome and we communicate regularly). I’m just saying that I hope it works out and that Tesla seems to do things differently.

If someone told you that you could do that, they were mostly full of crap. US deliveries are pretty much always the end of the quarter, which means September in this case.

If someone told you that you could do that, they were mostly full of crap. US deliveries are pretty much always the end of the quarter, which means September in this case.
So I have learned. Just
so I have learned. Just wanted to give the OP some expectation management.

So September is the last month of the year for US deliveries. They won’t deliver for November or December?

March, June, September and December are the months that most North America deliveries are made.

Based on what I have seen I wouldn't order a car unless you are ready to take delivery, and if you order outside of those months listed above, then expect a wait of a month or two at least.

Given that new frunk design has just 'shown up' the value of a 'model year' in Tesla terms is questionable I think, regarding having to wait for new stuff. The rest of the world does tend to value the 'age' of a car by it's model year so in that way I guess having a car claiming to be 2021 makes it a year younger magically FWIW :)

Yes this is definitely a different experience as it is my first Tesla and electric vehicle. You always wanted the newest model and if you wanted to save money you’d buy a left over model. But this def isn’t the case with this car company lol.

Given that new frunk design has just 'shown up' the value of a 'model year' in Tesla terms is questionable I think, regarding having to wait for new stuff. The rest of the world does tend to value the 'age' of a car by it's model year so in that way I guess having a car claiming to be 2021 makes it a year younger magically FWIW :)

Reactions: Msjulie