Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model S LR - End of 3rd Quarter offers (free 21” wheels & paint color.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

I am a long time reader, and a first time poster.

This afternoon, my wife just ordered a 2019 Model S Long Range.

We pulled the trigger because of the current End of 3rd Quarter offers. Long story short, our Adviser at the Tesla Showroom offered:
  • Free 21” Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine Wheels.
  • Free Color Upgrade (to Black, Silver, Blue, or Red.) * Wife picked Silver.
  • Free Unlimited Supercharging.
The color was a $1,500 option ($2,500 if chose Red) and the 21” wheels were $4,500. The total was a $6,000 value for us.

The catch? We must take delivery of the Model S by the end of September (End of 3rd Quarter,) which works out to be a good timing for us.

After a test-drive (in a beautiful Red Model S LR with 21“ wheels,) we were sold. We put down $2,500 deposit and placed the order.

Now, the wait begins.

Just want to say thank you for all the information in this forum, it is invaluable. Thanks you, folks.

With best regards,

(The Red Multi-Coat looks stunning with the 21" wheels.)
RPLofjr.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Maximapolak
I just took delivery on mine last week and didn't get any upgrade offers and now I'm looking into aftermarket wheels. Grrr. Any way to claim this after delivery?

Congrats on delivery! The sales staff misunderstood the promotion and it was abused for 3 days then removed. The intention was if you custom ordered a car but there was one in inventory available for delivery immediately, they would comp the extras your custom order didn’t have...

It may be too late, and you might disagree with me, but my preference would be for the 19" wheels. They are much less likely to be damaged when going over a pot hole, less likely to be scratched when getting too close to a curb, tires last longer and are less expensive to replace, give a more comfortable ride, and there is a significant loss of range than the 21" wheels. I would not take them, even for free. Just my opinion.

Reactions: croman and voltage
Just took delivery on last Thursday and the software was updated to V10 on last Friday. Car is beautiful, kudos to our Advisor.

This is my wife's car that she drives to her office daily. The route has good road condition and her office garage has spacious parking spaces, it is easy on the 21" wheels. She currently drives a Mercedes S550e with 20" wheels, and she is used to big wheels. We also have a pickup truck to run errands and such.

The new active suspension on the Raven cars is amazing. The ride is surprisingly smooth and quiet even on 21" wheels.

Agree that the 19" wheels are more practical. The 21" Sonic Carbon wheels just look beautiful on Midnight Silver Metallic, and I couldn't resist.

Tesla is years ahead of other EV automakers. Once we have the Tesla, it is hard going back to other cars.

3RmwQbq.jpg

We must take delivery of the Model S by the end of September
You picked silver, so how could you get that car in 15 days and close the sale to make this freebie thing real since silver is off the menu color and I am sure there was nothing hanging around to satisfy your order in 15 days?

Even with the excuse that sales misunderstood etc, silver cars are not sitting around.

You picked silver, so how could you get that car in 15 days and close the sale to make this freebie thing real since silver is off the menu color and I am sure there was nothing hanging around to satisfy your order in 15 days?

Even with the excuse that sales misunderstood etc, silver cars are not sitting around.

Midnight silver ones are, obviously.

Reactions: axhoaxho