TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ordered Model S Today! What Color Combo? Call for Pics.

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by FarrarEV, Jul 27, 2013.

1. FarrarEV

FarrarEV Member

Hi All,

I have been following the forum for some time and couldn't wait to finally place my order...well today was the day. Tesla hosted an event here in Nashville and my wife and I promptly decided to put down our deposit. We are very excited but are torn between colors (as many of you probably were). I would love to see pics of your awesome Model S so please post as many pics as you can!

2. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Here's the most comprehensive collection of colors anywhere...

Model S Shows Its True Colors (Photos)

Thank you Medved.

P.s. You simply can't go wrong with any of the colors. In the end, the car is so awesome, all the colors look good on it. Good luck, and have fun! :)

3. Mr X

Mr X Future Owner

red, pearl white or grey

4. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

+1 for Multi Coat Red

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

I love my MC red. Maybe just browse these forums and also search--lots of photos abound.

6. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

My recommendation would be:
    If your wife and you can actually go to a Service Center and see SEVERAL Model S in real life (and in the sunshine), it will make your decision much easier, and can be made with greater confidence.
    Maybe you will get lucky and have the two or three that you prefer ALL in one place at one time.

Second best would be to see paint samples in a Gallery, but take them (paint samples) outside to view in the sun.
    There is no second best to the sun for actual definition and depth of color.

EVEN as good as they are, Photos viewed on a monitor are just not up to snuff (too many variables to list) to make the important decision for paint color.

7. FarrarEV

FarrarEV Member

Thanks all! The true colors pictures are really helpful. Additionally, I think I'll stop by the service center as purplewalt suggests. Unfortunately there is no store here yet (Nashville, TN) but there is a service center just north of Atlanta. I REALLY like the blue but am worried that the soft paint I have read about might lead to swirl marks and other issues. So, I think I'm down to silver or grey. No bad choice, the car is awesome in any color :)