Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model X on 11/22, Still No VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered white, cream interior, 7 seater on 11/22 and still have no VIN. It was showing delivery between 12/13 and 12/31. However, as of today, when I go to my order on the tesla website, the date range of when it will be delivered has disappeared. I am concerned that the X line shutting down on 12/24 will affect my delivery date. Thoughts?

The model X order tracker spreadsheet shows only 1 of the most recent 6 domestic orders has been assigned a VIN. With the line shutting down on the 24th, it seems like a lot of X's need to come off the line in just a handful of days!

I placed my order on November 30 and still do not have a VIN. My original estimated delivery window of December 15 to December 31 disappeared about two days ago. I texted my contact at the Decatur, Georgia location and she said that that could indicate a VIN is about to be issued and to look out for a text to schedule delivery.

I ordered an X LR+ MSM 5 seat cream interior 11/22/2020 and still no VIN. I saw a week ago that Los Angeles had an inventory one like I ordered, but it had FSD, which I didn't want. It disappeared from inventory fast. I have FSD on our MS, but don't want it on the MX, auto pilot should be good enough.

I had ordered on Nov 3 (Bay Area) and as of Dec 13, still had not had a VIN assigned. That is when the news broke about the S/X line shutdown, so I asked to have my order postponed until Q1 2021. (In retrospect, I feel that I shouldn't have done this and just stuck to the original order and timeline)

My delivery date on the web portal showed a Dec X - Dec 31 delivery date until one day it stopped showing up. I assumed that's because I delayed delivery, but sounds like it was a universal change to the website.

Reactions: SDA2018
My guess is that delivery staff is just swamped. We placed our X order on Nov 26 (white, white, 5 seats), then we finalized by accepting the trade-in offer on Nov 27. Got our VIN on Dec 17 with request for final payment, and estimated delivery dates are now Dec 26-27. Still no contact to schedule delivery, but it could happen any day now.

My guess is that delivery staff is just swamped. We placed our X order on Nov 26 (white, white, 5 seats), then we finalized by accepting the trade-in offer on Nov 27. Got our VIN on Dec 17 with request for final payment, and estimated delivery dates are now Dec 26-27. Still no contact to schedule delivery, but it could happen any day now.

An hour after posting this message, I got an email titled "Tesla Direct Delivery! – 12/27". It looks like the delivery is to my home address. I'm not sure if this is only for California.

Reactions: JBT66