Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model X today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @CotswoldS3X

I would like to place an order in the UK but so far they have not been able to confirm if I will get the new folding middle row.

The UK price has dropped as it did when the US seats changed but the configurator still shows the monopolist seats. Tesla UK said they don't know when they will change.

So I am just wondering if any told you which seats to expect in your 7 seater?

Hi @CotswoldS3X

So I am just wondering if any told you which seats to expect in your 7 seater?

I asked about this and was told it would be the monoposts. I thought this was odd as the 7 seat interior is cheaper than the 6 seat, which if the 2nd row is a bench makes sense, but if it's 3 monoposts instead of 2 it doesn't seem to add up?

I guess I'll kind of have to wait and see!
No confirmation in MyTesla either way unfortunately... if anything does clarify I'll update.

For those interested, I had an email in the night confirming that my MX would be delivered with the bench second row...

I must admit, im kind of disappointed. I know a lot of people are really interested in the bench second row for the larger load space, but for us we will use that loadspace far less than we will the 3rd row, and the monopost seats, IMO, offer easier access to the 3rd row.
They definitely offer cooler access to the 3rd row!

I had my order confirmed on July 27th VIN 6371X a MX75D. I specifically asked about the 2nd row as I really wanted to have the monopole as this is far more convenient for us than the full folding 2nd row. As I was informed back then there were no plans for the U.K. market. My car I guess is about to get to production but last night I got the email about the new 7seat. I've emailed DS, UK_sales team and my salesman and I am waiting for a reply if I can get to keep the monopole.

Any ideas what might happen? As I consider this a downgrade and not an upgrade.

BR,
Y

I emailed also and had a call straight back.

The short version is they will request the car to be built with the monopost seats but don't think it will happen.
I said about the fact that when I ordered the web, configurator, and sales team all confirmed that the car would have the monoposts. The response was "the price of the 7 seat version was reduced in line with the anticipated introduction of the bench 2nd row.

I guess my options would be to cancel the order (and argue the toss about the return of my deposit, as technically I have ordered a car they are no longer willing to make) or just to deal with it. I could look at inventory cars but there are no 7 seat versions on the Tesla inventory site, and I don't really want to buy private with such an expensive car that need so much back end support.

Hi
Thanks for this thread. I did not know you can delay the delivery. How long can you delay it for and would they honour the 1.5% interest on PCP currently on offer.

I have test drive on 15th Sep and would not mind waiting till Feb/Mar next year when they pay my bonus

Thanks CotswoldS3X

By the way I don't know if you live there but I love the Cotswolds.

Would your referral give me free superchargers? I read people saying you need special referral code.

I was under the impression any RC gives you £750 discount and free superchargers.

Can I also ask you if you were offered any discount from Tesla? They offered me an inventory Model S with 50miles on the clock with a £6000 discount

Any referral code will give you the £750 off and free Supercharging. You can't negotiate a discount, the price is the price, but they do give showroom discounts and allowances which are calculated by Tesla and not randomly applied, they are mileage, age and spec based. The pricing and specs change so often it's a nightmare to make like for like comparisons!

Here's my code My Tesla Referral Code

Thanks CotswoldS3X

By the way I don't know if you live there but I love the Cotswolds.

Would your referral give me free superchargers? I read people saying you need special referral code.

I was under the impression any RC gives you £750 discount and free superchargers.

Can I also ask you if you were offered any discount from Tesla? They offered me an inventory Model S with 50miles on the clock with a £6000 discount

Hi @hagrid_LDN

I do live in the Cotswolds, it's a beautiful part of the world. If you're up towards Cheltenham way (right on the northern edge) pop by!

Yes, the referral gives you a £750 discount off a new car and unlimited free supercharging for your ownership of the car.
Tesla (to my knowledge) do not offer any discounts on new configure to order cars. They will discount inventory to try and shift it, but you can't use the referral so no £750 off and no free supercharging which, if you do a lot of miles, is worth a lot!!

My code is below:
My Tesla Referral Code

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions!

I believe you can use a referral code with inventory cars, but not CPO ones.
That's what I meant... apologies!

When we ordered ours we were told anything with under 50 miles could be considered as inventory. Anything over is CPO even if it's only been owned by Tesla and used as a demo/loaner.
Certainly this was the case for getting the 1.5% PCP deal.
I wonder if this is also the case for the referral?

I believe you can delay for up to 3 months

I think my order was 6-months forward ... from memory there was something about the Grant only being valid for deliveries within 6 months of order, so that might be a limiting factor, in addition to whatever Tesla provides.

I'd be sceptical about PCP necessarily being the same then, unless you can "buy" that on the configurator at the outset.

During my wait the battery size was discontinued and I was offered earlier delivery (of preferred model), or up/downgrade with price adjustment (at original price list AFAICR)

There was a number of improvements during the wait period, and based on that any replacement I buy in future would be ordered the full interval before required delivery.

Well, it's been a month since our order was confirmed (07/08/17) and MyTesla still shows as "scheduled for production in our factory"

Frustrating as I've seen folks with Model S orders around the same time enter production.

My delivery window still shows "Late October - November" but I'm starting to feel sceptical. Just checked my finance docs and it states it's only valid until 30/10. I assume Tesla would just renew the agreement with Black Horse if delivery were to be after this date?

Anyone had any experience with such?

IMG_0185.jpg
Well, it's been a month since our order was confirmed (07/08/17) and MyTesla still shows as "scheduled for production in our factory"

Frustrating as I've seen folks with Model S orders around the same time enter production.

My delivery window still shows "Late October - November" but I'm starting to feel sceptical. Just checked my finance docs and it states it's only valid until 30/10. I assume Tesla would just renew the agreement with Black Horse if delivery were to be after this date?

Anyone had any experience with such?

Welcome to Tesla time o_O I'm afraid. The finance will be fine, the expiry date is standard quote stuff and I doubt any custom order has ever been delivered within the finance date.

Late Oct-Nov means last two and first two weeks, and if you aren't in production yet there is no chance of hitting that target. From end of production 8-10 weeks is the norm, and there's nowt you can do about it. The train journey from Fremont to Houston is painfully slow, then a ship across to Tilburg, over to the UK and delivery to you. I've no idea whether production of the 3 is having any impact but given that Tesla are all about quarter end delivery figures, I'd be confident of you having it by end of December.

Once you've finished production the timeline on the attached might help. It was bang on for me, albeit I have an S and certainly a few months ago the X delivery dates were impossible to call, they were stacked at Tilburg.

IMG_0185.jpg

Last edited: