Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model Y Long Range (white), December delivery. Need advice from Chicago (west burbs) on Clear PPF Installers.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Day Everyone. I ordered a Long Range Model Y in White in August. Most recent delivery estimate is December. I am in the western suburbs of Chicago and am looking for any recommendations on clear paint protection film installers. Any comments on 3M vs XPEL? Thanks.

What’s the shop and pricing?
My self install with 3M PRO full hood, front bumper, fenders, lights is about $450 with 20% discount code.
Many are saying 1,700 - 2,500 for this level at a "Pro" shop - if not precut you have a strong chance of paint cuts - hidden under the film because they are cutting PPF on the car in place.
I would not let a pro shop use anything by precut laser PPF period.

My self install with 3M PRO full hood, front bumper, fenders, lights is about $450 with 20% discount code.
Many are saying 1,700 - 2,500 for this level at a "Pro" shop - if not precut you have a strong chance of paint cuts - hidden under the film because they are cutting PPF on the car in place.
I would not let a pro shop use anything by precut laser PPF period.
My delivery is saying between 15-30th so right after yours haha I’m considering this for mine but first time I’m looking into it. If I don’t want to self install, you think it’s good to get the materials and have a shop install it? Also if you have some links you can share that would be great

My delivery is saying between 15-30th so right after yours haha I’m considering this for mine but first time I’m looking into it. If I don’t want to self install, you think it’s good to get the materials and have a shop install it? Also if you have some links you can share that would be great
Invisible Mask - use 2021 to get our 2022 models - owner told me (via email) that 2021 and 2022 are the same exact measurements for body dimensions.
Purchased Spider all weather matts from ForMyTesla and this sight has the 20% discount code for PFF on InvisibleMask.com.