Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model Y LR, Delivery est 2/9-3/9: Matrix? 4680?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
I'm curious if anyone has a better idea on this. I've read some stuff but much of it is from months ago and we all know what that means in terms of features/options/pricing for new Teslas.

I ordered a blue/white 5-seat LR. I believe the fact that the interior is white means it has to come from Fremont based on what I read. It would also appear as though Fremont was most likely to get the newer matrix headlights. Is this accurate to what people are seeing more recently?

Also, if it does mean my MY is being built in Fremont doesn't that pretty much guarantee I won't get the 4680 structural pack or the front & rear single castings?

Just trying to wrap my mind around all of this. Also curious what announcement Tesla will make 3/1 and what the federal tax credit rules will look like in "March" since we don't yet have more firm dates on any of that movement. My delivery est window will make things interesting in the way of tax incentives and/or potential build announcements in about a month it would seem.

I'm curious if anyone has a better idea on this. I've read some stuff but much of it is from months ago and we all know what that means in terms of features/options/pricing for new Teslas.

I ordered a blue/white 5-seat LR. I believe the fact that the interior is white means it has to come from Fremont based on what I read. It would also appear as though Fremont was most likely to get the newer matrix headlights. Is this accurate to what people are seeing more recently?

Also, if it does mean my MY is being built in Fremont doesn't that pretty much guarantee I won't get the 4680 structural pack or the front & rear single castings?

Just trying to wrap my mind around all of this. Also curious what announcement Tesla will make 3/1 and what the federal tax credit rules will look like in "March" since we don't yet have more firm dates on any of that movement. My delivery est window will make things interesting in the way of tax incentives and/or potential build announcements in about a month it would seem.
I think currently 4680 is offered in new line called Y AWD with range of 269miles. Currently they are built only in Austin and occasionally those are popping in some zip codes and price is 52990 (for white and black interior)

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I think currently 4680 is offered in new line called Y AWD with range of 269miles. Currently they are built only in Austin and occasionally those are popping in some zip codes and price is 52990 (for white and black interior)
This confirms what I just read shortly after starting this thread: the only 4680 Y's that have been delivered are in a "standard range" Y it would appear.

This confirms what I just read shortly after starting this thread: the only 4680 Y's that have been delivered are in a "standard range" Y it would appear.
Yes. Tesla’s official name for the $50,990, 279miles, 4680 battery MY is Model Y All Wheel Drive or for short MYAWD. Not to be confused with MYSR that is sold in other markets and was sold in the US for a very short time.

The only way to get MYAWD is to find one in inventory. When they first released Tesla was also contacting reservation holders residing near Austin to see if they wanted to switch from LR to AWD in order to get immediate delivery instead of the many month wait for LR.

We just had the first user on TMC receive an Austin VIN for white seats this morning. So it seems Tesla has started white seats in Texas!! So far no reports of Matrix headlights or 7 seaters or MYPs out of Austin.

I wouldn’t expect 4680 Ys in any significant quantity for at least a year and you’ve been around long enough to know you don’t want one of the first ones anyway. ;)

I also believe, based on what we’ve seen so far, you’re almost certain to receive a Fremont car based on your location. Austin cars all seem to be almost exclusively headed East.

I wouldn’t expect 4680 Ys in any significant quantity for at least a year and you’ve been around long enough to know you don’t want one of the first ones anyway. ;)

I also believe, based on what we’ve seen so far, you’re almost certain to receive a Fremont car based on your location. Austin cars all seem to be almost exclusively headed East.
A lot of California TMC members have received Austin VINs. There is no pattern yet despite what Mr. Musk said about Austin East, Fremont West. Seems all they care about is matching cars to orders which makes sense.

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd
Yes. Tesla’s official name for the $50,990, 279miles, 4680 battery MY is Model Y All Wheel Drive or for short MYAWD. Not to be confused with MYSR that is sold in other markets and was sold in the US for a very short time.

The price has already increased to $51,490 for the base MY AWD.

I purchased 2 within 36 hours and I got one at $50,990 and the other at $51,490. Both plus Destination $1,390 and Order Fee $250.