Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model Y on 4th ... VIN Assigned on 10th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I took delivery of my Model 3 Performance (White/White) this week and absolutely love it. The drive is sooo smooth and pleasant, also has nice handling and speed when you want it.

I decided to get a Model Y (Blue/White) as well last week and called today to check on status and they said the VIN was assigned today. So I am expected to take delivery 2 weeks from now.

I’ve had very good experiences so far in my short time with Tesla, from ordering, delivery and driving experience. Excited to make the shift to EV. These are replacing a BMW M3 and X5.

Hey everyone, I took delivery of my Model 3 Performance (White/White) this week and absolutely love it. The drive is sooo smooth and pleasant, also has nice handling and speed when you want it.

I decided to get a Model Y (Blue/White) as well last week and called today to check on status and they said the VIN was assigned today. So I am expected to take delivery 2 weeks from now.

I’ve had very good experiences so far in my short time with Tesla, from ordering, delivery and driving experience. Excited to make the shift to EV. These are replacing a BMW M3 and X5.
EVs are better.

I hope you find that the superior drivetrain never gets old. 7 years in, and it hasn’t here.

I just made the move from a 2018 X5 xdrive35i to a MY Stealth Performance. I'm in love with the MY. While a fair bit smaller outside, passenger comfort is remarkably similar if not better. Front and rear seat passengers have appreciably more legroom than the X5 and all the storage in the MY makes it feel even more versatile. The X5 in comparison was much bigger without offering a lot of the benefits of increased size. My only minor complaint so far is that I somewhat preferred the 20-way comfort seats in the X5, but the MY seats are by no means uncomfortable. The MY also drives like a sports car in comparison. One of the biggest differences for me is highway driving. The X5 liked to wander all over the lane which made it a bit stressful to drive long distances. The MY is so much more stable and the autopilot makes it even better.

I just made the move from a 2018 X5 xdrive35i to a MY Stealth Performance. I'm in love with the MY. While a fair bit smaller outside, passenger comfort is remarkably similar if not better. Front and rear seat passengers have appreciably more legroom than the X5 and all the storage in the MY makes it feel even more versatile. The X5 in comparison was much bigger without offering a lot of the benefits of increased size. My only minor complaint so far is that I somewhat preferred the 20-way comfort seats in the X5, but the MY seats are by no means uncomfortable. The MY also drives like a sports car in comparison. One of the biggest differences for me is highway driving. The X5 liked to wander all over the lane which made it a bit stressful to drive long distances. The MY is so much more stable and the autopilot makes it even better.
Good to hear your positive comments. I had a 2012 X5 diesel and it’s was great but a beast. Much nicer having a smaller car when I traded that for a 2018 Audi SQ5. The Y is close in size to my SQ5 so I shouldn’t have any issues with capacity.