Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model Y on June 15th - VIN same day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Saxgod

Thread Necromancer
May 3, 2019
Texas
Hi all!
So we decided to bite the bullet and sale our model s and order a model y. Figured we would have 3 months to sale it since expected delivery said September. No more than 3 hours after making our reservation I received a notice in my email stating I needed to finish steps as my car was ready to be delivered! I checked and sure enough we now had a VIN and mileage on a vehicle exactly like we ordered.
Model Y LR
Blue
7 seat
FSD
Black interior
Tow hitch
We are excited but had to rush to sale the Model S! I thought this was strange so figured I would share.

Ill paste this from my original thread...dumb double post...

Hi all!
So we decided to bite the bullet and sale our model s and order a model y. Figured we would have 3 months to sale it since expected delivery said September. No more than 3 hours after making our reservation I received a notice in my email stating I needed to finish steps as my car was ready to be delivered! I checked and sure enough we now had a VIN and mileage on a vehicle exactly like we ordered.
Model Y LR
Blue
7 seat
FSD
Black interior
Tow hitch
We are excited but had to rush to sale the Model S! I thought this was strange so figured I would share.

Hi all!
Model Y LR
Blue
7 seat
FSD
Black interior
Tow hitch
For real?

Great news! they were able to move my delivery to tomorrow at 2pm. My wife and I are super excited. Ill post some pictures tomorrow hopefully!
I’m so jelly … I ordered on May 14th and still no Vin. I did go into the showroom today and was told that was I was soft match to a build that is happing mid July. So I was like, then when will it be a hard match. He said the moment it drives off the assembly line. Ugh .. I have to wait 2 1/2 weeks. But the way I look at it. I’d rather have one of the ones made in July and prepped for delivery in a slower paced environment then the mad rush of the last week of deliveries. Seems that they want to get as many Tesla’s in customers hands no matter what so that they can make the shareholders happy.

1C13A138-338A-40DB-8BB4-D053AFD305F3.jpeg

Last 6 on VIN is 211513. Does this help nail
Down when it was made?

also I did get a notification that I was getting a vision system and not a radar system.
This is so interesting, because I ordered that exact build early May... And I got a VIN a few weeks ago... Almost that exact vin... Only off by single digits.... Then the vin disappeared off my account.... Then a few days ago, I got a new vin that is completely different, and scheduled pickup this weekend.... Maybe this is starting to make sense... My vin disappeared, because perhaps it was sent to Texas instead of the PacNW, lol...

Reactions: bet_america
This is so interesting, because I ordered that exact build early May... And I got a VIN a few weeks ago... Almost that exact vin... Only off by single digits.... Then the vin disappeared off my account.... Then a few days ago, I got a new vin that is completely different, and scheduled pickup this weekend.... Maybe this is starting to make sense... My vin disappeared, because perhaps it was sent to Texas instead of the PacNW, lol...
Tesla is doing some funky things to get cars delivered for sure.

Delivery went great. I have never had a vehicle so pristine at delivery. It was a bright sunny in Texas and you could see everything. This vehicle was flawless. Went through the entire checklist and didn’t find a thing. San Antonio did an awesome job. We couldnt be happier.

ok we found 1 thing wrong. The windshield wiper sprayers did not work. Checked fluid, no fluid. Filled it up (sadly doesnt hold near a full gallon) and tried again. Still didnt work. I remembered reading about someone having a hose disconnected on delivery so popped the plastic shield and took a look. Sure enough it was just unplugged. Plugged it in and it was working. 2 minute fix.

ok we found 1 thing wrong. The windshield wiper sprayers did not work. Checked fluid, no fluid. Filled it up (sadly doesnt hold near a full gallon) and tried again. Still didnt work. I remembered reading about someone having a hose disconnected on delivery so popped the plastic shield and took a look. Sure enough it was just unplugged. Plugged it in and it was working. 2 minute fix.
Lol, I had the same symptom with the windshield washer not spaying anything after taking delivery, but totally different story. Added fluid, held the button for 1 minute and still nothing. Created a service request and my wife asked me to try "pushing the button really hard". Guess what, the wiper button could be pushed down further after the first "down" feedback! And the washer spray worked! But when I was about to cancel the service request, I spotted that the wiper arm actually rubbed the hood. So the service request remained.

Hi all!
Model Y LR
Blue
7 seat
FSD
Black interior
Tow hitch
Judging from what I have read, seven seat MYs seem to come much faster than their five seat siblings.