Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered MX Plaid yesterday and being asked to pickup today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all….just ordered an MX plaid yesterday and my window is Aug 13-Oct 18 and I got a call from Tesla asking if I wanted to pick it up today? They tell me it’s a new vin built last week….I was hoping my window would allow me to have the matrix lights. I am in immediate hurry but want the car before the end of the year….am I being stupid by passing this up?

Hello all….just ordered an MX plaid yesterday and my window is Aug 13-Oct 18 and I got a call from Tesla asking if I wanted to pick it up today? They tell me it’s a new vin built last week….I was hoping my window would allow me to have the matrix lights. I am in immediate hurry but want the car before the end of the year….am I being stupid by passing this up?
It's unpredictable in Tesla. Don't count on perfect timing to fit your needs.

Someone must have dropped out or rejected the car. If you want it now, you could take it and be sure to really carefully inspect it. There are a number of inspection checklists in these forums, and my experience has been that Tesla does not seem to mind if you spend time checking the car before committing.

And regarding matrix lights, I would not hold my breath on those. They Model Y Perf got them a while back and the rumor was the rest of the Model Ys would get them right ASAP. I am not sure the other Ys still have them.

That’s a good point! I bet somebody rejected it….I’m rolling the dice and waiting!!!! I need the car before the end of the year not anytime soon.
Not a bad idea to pass if you don't need a car before the end of the year. Tesla should hold the price at your order price. And you might get a few changes since Tesla rolls them in when they have them ready. A car made on Monday might be missing a feature that a car made on Tuesday or later has.

The downside of waiting is you are missing out on driving an SUV that can blow almost every other car into the weeds.

I would classify this as a "good problem to have". ;)

That’s a good point! I bet somebody rejected it….I’m rolling the dice and waiting!!!! I need the car before the end of the year not anytime soon.
The more likely scenario is that someone couldn't get their financing in order or realized they couldn't afford the car. But it seems like you don't want it right now so you are going with the other scenario lol.