Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my MS Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for typing that so I didnt have too! I’ll add browser doesnt work, rear cam is slow to load, and forget about using voice commands.

Also of note is that back in 2014 the software on MCU1 did pretty much everything it does now and was incredibly fast and responsive. Its not a lack of hardware power its just lazy devs who dont give a *sugar* about older customers.
I think battery gate and MCUgate are proof enough that Tesla wants people to keep buying the latest and greatest.

Also of note is that back in 2014 the software on MCU1 did pretty much everything it does now and was incredibly fast and responsive. Its not a lack of hardware power its just lazy devs who dont give a *sugar* about older customers.
Yes I agree, the older software ran just fine. I think the main issues started when the live Nav display started running in the background all the time without the option to close it down, that has to be a big CPU and RAM burden on the system.
The devs 'might' care but they are also paid not to care and to just add in new features as upper management asks.

Reactions: BigNick
True, but I can already pull a 1.45 60' with an MSP on stock tires (and groceries in the frunk!). The traction is there to get out of the hole, but the top end is lacking. If Plaid can keep pounding it out, low 9s or high 8s is definitely there. It's just a matter of not running out of gear or torque. It's just tough to reconcile all the stats with what we know about the frame, weight, and motors. That's why I think they have more in mind for getting there than the pre-order pages reveal.
For how long the Plaid drivetrain has been worked on and rumored, the presentation/reveal was short in substance and seemed hastily thrown together. Like they were recently forced to delay or reformulate what they’ve been working on.

It’s possible that under 9 number is in reality just marketing- like you need unrealistically optimal conditions. It’s possible it’s like the P85D in that it’s “capable” in theory.

But technically speaking, I’m sure it’s they’ve achieved it. They’ve been estimating such specs for many years. It’s whether they can make it profitably in production cars, and the preconditioning needed by drivers. My model S is in theory quicker 0-60, but off a stoplight the Taycan is just as fast.

Trying to decide between 21s and 19s. I know the 21s are a rougher ride, but they just look so much better. Is it REALLY so much worse than the 19s in terms of ride comfort?
Get the 19s and buy the 21s from the marketplace. Much cheaper and you’ll have a second set of wheels.

but as already stated the 21s are harsher and a lot more delicate. Every time I hit a pothole I held my breath in anticipation of the TPMS going off about low tire pressure - aka blown tire.

Do we all think the plaid is real?
Tesla says they have tested it at the ring, did anyone saw that? Each time they tested it in the past there were sightings, were there any reports? I surly hope it is real but the end of 2021 and thin on details made me think if those specs are aspirational and they are going to use this time to figure out how to get there. I hope it can come.

I pulled the trigger about 3 mins after he announced it was avail. It will be my 3rd MS over the yrs, and my '15 85D is amazing, but I was waiting for a compelling reason to go for it. For me, I've been drag racing my whole life and to get into the Sub 9's is ridiculous. The 520mile range is also unreal. I just had to do it. Hopefully FSD will be better cooked.
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 4.23.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 4.26.06 PM.png

Do we all think the plaid is real?
Tesla says they have tested it at the ring, did anyone saw that? Each time they tested it in the past there were sightings, were there any reports? I surly hope it is real but the end of 2021 and thin on details made me think if those specs are aspirational and they are going to use this time to figure out how to get there. I hope it can come.
I’m sure it’s real just as much as I’m sure a small fleet of roadsters and semi’s are out there pounding the pavement.

Do I think the range is where they say it is yet? Hell no.

I agree, but it's plain as day on the ordering page - "Quarter Mile: < 9.0s"

The math doesn't add up. A 4500 pound car cracking the 8s implies like ~1200 WHEEL horsepower.
I'm sure Elon will come back with an excuse fanboys will defend vigorously, maybe a 50ft rollout, or that the car is capable but not in the production configuration, only with SpaceX boosters attached (like the Starman Roadster when launching from earth), or maybe a brand new excuse - the guy is very creative.

• Disagree
Reactions: 5JMJ and AMPd
It looks like they got rid of the 7 seat option?
I think the Plaid listing is a placeholder. They wanted to put the Plaid on their website. I suspect a revised S will be offered next year for all versions when they are ready to make them with new batteries and then the Plaid info will be updated, perhaps with the 7 seat version Elon mentioned.