Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my MS Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering goaling for a Model S Plaid to replace what has been a good sample of the 2017 Model S 100D. My only issues have been yellow banding and those associated with not having the current MCU. 500 miles would mean 400 to me due to driving preferences, charging recommendations, et cetera and that is of value to me.

When a Tesla Model S Plaid finally ships, will there be any perks for those who pre-ordered besides potentially locking the price in or "bragging rights"?

e.g. Signature, free unlimited supercharging for first owner, free premium wireless for first owner, et cetera

Cheers

I have a 2017 Model S 100D also. Did you get AP2.5 or 2.0? I really hope they will offer FUSC - I do a lot of road trips and thats a valuable perk for me.

In between, got the better cameras but HW2. No Sentry mode or Dashcam with storage, or stop sign recognition for me despite having purchased EAP/FSD.

I am also not interested in losing FM radio for the upgrade to HW3.

I have a 2017 Model S 100D also. Did you get AP2.5 or 2.0? I really hope they will offer FUSC - I do a lot of road trips and thats a valuable perk for me.

Here is hoping for an announcement of a Signature edition or Previous Tesla Owners edition that has FUSC and included Premier Wireless. It would be great inexpensive marketing. I won't hold my breath, but one can only dream.

Cheers

Reactions: tontod and aerodyne
In between, got the better cameras but HW2. No Sentry mode or Dashcam with storage, or stop sign recognition for me despite having purchased EAP/FSD.

I am also not interested in losing FM radio for the upgrade to HW3.

Here is hoping for an announcement of a Signature edition or Previous Tesla Owners edition that has FUSC and included Premier Wireless. It would be great inexpensive marketing. I won't hold my breath, but one can only dream.

Cheers

Agreed. I would like to keep satellite radio, I'm hoping with the update they did earlier this year they arent getting rid of it. I also wish they would bring back faster AC charging, when out in the boonies away from superchargers, sometimes you can find > 48A tesla chargers.

I've been very happy with the P85D ... In inflation adjusted dollars the price would be slightly lower than what I paid back then.. .
I just compared my purchase price for my 2014 P85D. I did include the Ludicrous upgrade price, but otherwise kept as close as I could to my 2014 car. Indeed the Toal Plaid price is cheaper inflation adjusted. I haven't ordered it yet, hoping something equivalent, but smaller arrives soon also. Nobody talks about Roadster timing nor performance upgrades for 3 or Y. I would order any of those before an S, just to have smaller size. That's why I drove 911's for some years.

As much as I want a Plaid tesla is going to have to add some 2020++ creature expectations in a car of this caliber. Soft closing doors, power frunk and trunk with hands free operation (foot wave like cheap fords) 250KW charge capability, and a few other things expected.

Or just wait a couple years for the used ones to hit the market for 30k less than retail :)

Reactions: 5JMJ and artx55
As much as I want a Plaid tesla is going to have to add some 2020++ creature expectations in a car of this caliber. Soft closing doors, power frunk and trunk with hands free operation (foot wave like cheap fords) 250KW charge capability, and a few other things expected.

Or just wait a couple years for the used ones to hit the market for 30k less than retail :)
Or just wait a couple of years for the price of a new one to be 30K less.

I’m certain they new cells will solve the heat issues. This certain...

00F323C3-8DF0-4DE5-AE62-69AC597922A8.jpeg

Nurburgring laps are almost 7 minutes and Plaid was doing them in succession.
The car and batteries that were running the Nurburgring last year likely has very little in common with the car that ran Laguna Seca and neither are going to be particularly similar to the car that is actually delivered to customers... whenever that even happens.

They obviously weren't just testing the old model S with some wider fenders. The new Plaid will have a wider redesign and the new battery they were testing, along with new everything else. We learned plaid batteries are powerful for a much longer spell.

They obviously weren't just testing the old model S with some wider fenders.
The new Plaid will have a wider redesign and the new battery they were testing, along with new everything else.
We learned plaid batteries are powerful for a much longer spell.
Do you think that only the Plaid will have "new everything" and will be sold along the Model S LR and P with the old 18650 cells?

Don't tell me then about the Osborne effect !!!

I’m pretty sure someone looked up the VIN and it was a several year old P90D.
exactly. It was like the Ferrari 348 with an Enzo v12 inside. Nothing about it made to resemble the actual upcoming product except the drivetrain hidden underneath and the wheelbase stretched to get a rough idea of how the actual design will perform. The rest is camouflage so the older cars keep selling now. The new battery performance is what they were testing, not silly tack-on fender flares for our older cars. And the new battery performs on track for extended amounts of time on one of the longest tracks out there.

I doubt plaid will be a unique car. The new base S will share it's redesign.

Reactions: DukeofURL
Ok,
Now that our Plaid Reservations are Plaid+ Reservations, our wheel choices are different.
Although, my reservation now shows the ”+”,
The wheels remain as Sonic Carbon Twin Turbines.
Also, the older body style & wheels are still shown in the image.
Anyone have any official info from Tesla?
View attachment 631945 View attachment 631946

Not yet...local store says they will have a refresh in the showroom in a month.

Elon is going to give more info on the refresh and plaid within the next two weeks.

I'm keeping my plaid plus res, even though I am leaning towards the Plaid now...

Not yet...local store says they will have a refresh in the showroom in a month.

Elon is going to give more info on the refresh and plaid within the next two weeks.

I'm keeping my plaid plus res, even though I am leaning towards the Plaid now...

Possible option for me as well. Range and potential (likely) newer battery technology still keeping me in on the plaid+
I’m also considering LR for the range advantage over Plaid. I really prefer the carbon fiber interior over wood though. I believe I paid an extra $250 for that upgrade my 2018MS100D, so 20k seems a bit excessive for the interior upgrade and losing 22 miles in range. Not planning on using track mode...
Plenty of power in my 100D now. (0-60 in 4.2 sec) So 3.1 in the LR will be more than adequate for me.