Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered my MS Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. So the broken images appear to be more an artifact of sloppy coding (referencing old assets with new option codes), but the new asset endpoint does have the MTS09 etc with the standard body and blacked out chrome trim. In other words, we're no closer to knowing what the Plaid+ will look like but we do have evidence that they have only partially updated our reservation pages. Figures. :D

I personally think the Plaid+ will look identical to the Plaid, with perhaps the exception of an underline under the PLAID badge.

• Funny
Reactions: tes_ev_123
I personally think the Plaid+ will look identical to the Plaid, with perhaps the exception of an underline under the PLAID badge.

I just don't see how they get the Nurburgring or Laguna Seca lap times they've touted without significant aero changes and maybe even more tire (i.e. wide-body or fender flares). Granted they could just ditch those claims, but getting 100hp for $20k and a year of additional waiting will be kind of disappointing. I'd prefer an understated look in general, but a little flare would be nice. If nothing else, at least the range will be superb :)

In that case, perhaps the target market for the plus is former Taycan Owners, tired of getting spanked by MY performance, and no stranger to spending a lot more for minimal gain.

I'm only into to the plus for the range...as a hedge against the CT not delivering.
Actually, I ordered the “+” for the range. I’d rather have the long range than the Plaid (not plus)
I wish there was a super long range. (Plaid+ battery pack in a long range). ~560 miles range Based on the difference between plaid and long range.

Reactions: aerodyne
Actually, I ordered the “+” for the range. I’d rather have the long range than the Plaid (not plus)
I wish there was a super long range. (Plaid+ battery pack in a long range). ~560 miles range Based on the difference between plaid and long range.

I would be highly surprised if that’s not what Tesla is planning on. But first they need to build 4680 cells at volume, especially because they’re way behind on Semi and on CyberTruck. Plaid+ sales will relatively be low volume, mostly due to price.

A super long range with 4680 cells will likely sell at much higher volumes, but without high output from the production of these new cells, Tesla won’t be able to deliver them.

I’m thinking late-2022, but most likely 2023 for a close-to-600-mile-range non-Plaid Model S.

Yep! Remove the spoiler too for LR-looking sleeper. All black recommended with 35% tint will look stealth. I, of course, will stick to MCR for my 3rd Tesla - unless more interesting colors are announced before the end of the year.
I see the option file includes:

PMAB Anza Brown Metallic Color
PMBL Obsidian Black Multi-Coat Color
PMMB Monterey Blue Metallic Color
PMSG Green Metallic Color
PMSS San Simeon Silver Metallic Color
PMTG Dolphin Grey Metallic Color
PPTI Titanium Metallic Color

I wonder if these are all old discontinued colors.

I see the option file includes:

PMAB Anza Brown Metallic Color
PMBL Obsidian Black Multi-Coat Color
PMMB Monterey Blue Metallic Color
PMSG Green Metallic Color
PMSS San Simeon Silver Metallic Color
PMTG Dolphin Grey Metallic Color
PPTI Titanium Metallic Color

I wonder if these are all old discontinued colors.
Yes you could buy a Tesla in brown, obsidian black, dark blue, dark green, silver, dolphin grey and titanium. All been discontinued.

Edit: oh, plus "signature red", a bit darker than today's, also, and a "flat white", I think... - and maybe more I missed. Not counting the roadster's colors.

Reactions: rickyjb
[QUOTE="Daniellane, post: 5339293, member: 63966"I’d rather have the long range than the Plaid (not plus)
I wish there was a super long range. (Plaid+ battery pack in a long range). ~560 miles range Based on the difference between plaid and long range.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same here...

Has anyone here that reserved a plaid (now “+”) Model S on day it was announced (battery day) been successful in modifying it to a plaid or long range while maintaining their place in line and retaining the legacy FSD price (8k vs 10k)?

Nope. Holding on to my + reservation. Can’t say about queue but I’m sure the 2k discount would hold as it has been granted to non-Plaid orders prior to refresh announcement.

Nope. Holding on to my + reservation. Can’t say about queue but I’m sure the 2k discount would hold as it has been granted to non-Plaid orders prior to refresh announcement.
I was already informed that the $2,000 discount isn’t being offered to plaid (now”+”) reservations, however the $8,000 FSD price will be grandfathered (saving $2,000)
The question that still remains is whether it will be grandfathered if I downgrade to a long range.

I just got a call from Tesla about my Plaid+ order.
The above is correct, and a few other tidbits worth mentioning:

• No $2,000 discount, even if I change to a “regular” (non-plus) Plaid
  • If I make any changes to my Plaid+ order, such as color or wheels, the FSD price will go up to $10,000
  • Yoke steering is the only option, though that may change later this year (classic CYA “cannot predict the future” stuff)
  • The issue with photos of my order not appearing is also an issue on their side (gotta love Tesla IT)