Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered MYLR7 on 3/14 and my EDD is 3/20 :D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post! I'm very new to this so maybe I'm missing something, but I'm feeling quite fortunate right now. As the title states, my EDD for our MYLR7 (red, black interior, gemini wheels, no tow hitch, no FSD) is less than 1 week from ordering. Basically, I was told by a senior salesperson that it was possible to get a car much faster if I purchase from their "quarterly inventory", except that the downside is that there is a chance we may not get the exact configuration we wanted, and that we'd obviously be on the hook for the full cost of the vehicle regardless off whether we wanted those upgrades or not. Seemed simple enough so we asked him to find us a vehicle. Really my ONLY requirement is that it needed to be the 7-passenger version. Any way long story short, he found us this car, brand new (odometer is at 15), and I agreed to buy it. Configuration is exactly how I wanted it except I would have preferred white over red, so I'm on the hook for the extra $2000 but I can live with that since it means not having to wait until September 2022.

Anyway I just wanted to share my story in case some of you weren't aware you could do this. Or maybe this is very common and I'm just an idiot LOL. Any who I'm extremely excited. I got my VIN and everything already. Now I'm just hoping I get some of the new goodies such as the Ryzen MCU and Li-ion battery :)

Reactions: Kevinaldo