Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered MYP and am looking for options of 19" wheels that clear the bigger brakes.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla Motors Club,

Ordered MYP and am looking at 19" wheels that clear the bigger brakes.

PacificPower mentioned T Sportline ones do.

19" Gemini's on a MYP mentions the Gemini wheels fit.
But looking for weight reduction if possible without compromise on strength to hold a rather heavy car.

Anyone running other options without issues?
A lot of companies are not showing offsets and if they match stock.
Also what tires are you running so I can compare?
I have been a Continental SportContact fan with my Subaru Sti but open to suggestions. Tire rack says 255/45R19 fit on MYLR with 19".

I would like to swap when I take delivery so I can sell the 21" with tires as new.

For reference: Gemini I think are
MaterialAluminum
Size19" x 9.5"
Diameter19"
Width9.5"
Lugs5
Bolt Pattern114.3mm
Offset45mm

I have a MYP and swapped Gemini wheels. No issues with fit. They perform well.
43A7A2F2-6864-44EA-98F0-22264EF53848.jpeg

Hi Tesla Motors Club,

Ordered MYP and am looking at 19" wheels that clear the bigger brakes.

PacificPower mentioned T Sportline ones do.

19" Gemini's on a MYP mentions the Gemini wheels fit.
But looking for weight reduction if possible without compromise on strength to hold a rather heavy car.

Anyone running other options without issues?
A lot of companies are not showing offsets and if they match stock.
Also what tires are you running so I can compare?
I have been a Continental SportContact fan with my Subaru Sti but open to suggestions. Tire rack says 255/45R19 fit on MYLR with 19".

I would like to swap when I take delivery so I can sell the 21" with tires as new.

For reference: Gemini I think are
MaterialAluminum
Size19" x 9.5"
Diameter19"
Width9.5"
Lugs5
Bolt Pattern114.3mm
Offset45mm
Any 19” offering from TSportline will clear the brakes on a Performance MY

Reactions: Cyberspeed
The OEM 19” would be my choice. But if/when some become available for sale you need to jump on them. Two of my buddies with PMY’s had to drive several hundred miles to pick up wheels they found and bought. Both got lucky with ultra low miles and were complete with tires, TPMS, lugs and even the Aero Caps. One buddy bought his for $1200. He gets the same wh/mi as my 2020 LR AWD Y when we did a road test together.

I used these for a few months. Will be in Tahoe area this month if you’re interested in them.

@hakwuzhere —- more picts pls.

Personally - I have the 21” Übers for summer and I picked up a set of 19” Gemini/Apollo wheels/tires for a winter setup.

Fool proof and OEM… pull the utility trailer, toss on chains if needed, rip the snow, then swap back to summer wheels/tires for more shenanigans !

Ah OK. That makes sense. So maybe the Gemini with summer wheels are supported? Also you can configure the Geminis in the settings. At any rate, I'm really happy with the EV01+ wheels I got. And I don't intend taking this thing to max speed! The wheels are fairly similar to the Geminis but look a little more attractive to my eyes (esp. with the black satin finish) IMHO. I haven't tried the aero covers yet but definitely will especially for road trips.
EV01.png

Ah OK. That makes sense. So maybe the Gemini with summer wheels are supported? Also you can configure the Geminis in the settings. At any rate, I'm really happy with the EV01+ wheels I got. And I don't intend taking this thing to max speed! The wheels are fairly similar to the Geminis but look a little more attractive to my eyes (esp. with the black satin finish) IMHO. I haven't tried the aero covers yet but definitely will especially for road trips.View attachment 785121
I don't suppose you've had the chance to try to aero covers yet?

I suspect that having those covers affects efficiency more than just having smaller/lighter wheels does.

I don't suppose you've had the chance to try to aero covers yet?

I suspect that having those covers affects efficiency more than just having smaller/lighter wheels does.
Yes. I put the aero covers on shortly after and that is going to be my default state for efficiency. I haven't done any measurements or anything and have not taken a long road trip yet, but I definitely get way more range for the same charge than my old P85- but that's not saying much.

Reactions: Winning Guy